Source for genuine OEM water pump?

GASnBRASS

TJ Enthusiast
Where are you all going to get a genuine OEM mopar water pump? I've read some accounts of people ordering mopar pumps from dealers or online wholesellers and then receiving a pump that's the exact same casting as an autozone or oreily's made in china pump. No mopar markings whatsoever.

I'd just order from the local dealer to inspect it first but they charge outrageous markups over msrp. They don't care about public parts sales and if you ask about pricing closer to msrp or wholesale they just tell you to buy it somewhere else. I have a hesco high flow pump on the shelf, but I think I'd rather just get a mopar one while I still can and keep the hesco as a backup.

If you go to the cooling system overhaul post in the how to section there's links to the OEM pump on Amazon.

Hmm, I found that thread and the link goes to wermopar instead of amazon, but if people have had good luck with that supplier then I'll give it a shot. Hopefully jeep hasn't started sourcing their pumps from china like everyone else.

Here's one more for ya..
Moparmonster.com
I have ordered several times from them and everything has been legit. A few times, when they didn't have it, they actually emailed me the info of another parts dealer who had the item! Very convenient and way cheaper then going to the dealership here in town.

I always double check ebay, 68382489AA and Mopar gives a few results from legitimate suppliers that turn out to be less than the popular websites once you factor in shipping.

As long as everyone has recently bought an actual genuine mopar pump from these vendors then i guess I'll check em out and find the best price with shipping. Thanks.