Spare Tire Carrier

tmellon

I am debating on either purchasing a cheap, generic spare tire that mounts to the tailgate. (I would be mounting a 33/12.5 size tire. Or I am looking at aftermarket bumpers that come with the carrier on a swinging mount. I am on a budget, and I also would be buying a matching spare wheel and most likely 4 new tires and keeping one of the old ones for a spare.

I also may want to switch to a 35" tire in the future.

Shoot me some thoughts guys, it would be much appreciated.

Look at the Bestop tire carrier or the Morryde one. Both mount to the tailgate so you retain the factory tailgate functionality (without having to first swing a tire away) and the both reinforce the tailgate and tub area to support a heavier tire better.

Not sure if its still going on, but I got a real good deal on the Bestop tire carrier (135 bucks) a while ago. Its worth checking out.

X2. Bestop or Exogate/Moryde are going to be the best options that keep the tire as close to the body as possible and allow you to use the tailgate without operating a swing out first. The Bestop is now discontinued (as of November). They had a big sale to get rid of them. That's not to say they aren't available somewhere.
20191117_161648[1].jpg
20191215_154954[1].jpg
20191214_122016[1].jpg

Reactions: Justin Homan
8A9EA455-2E18-4698-8290-506D8A616FB6.jpeg

I run the Crawler Conceptz one, theyre expensive new but got a screaming deal on mine used. Its a nice tire carrier and at least in my opinion looks better than most. One of these days id like to do the Genright swing out though as i feel its the best looking on the market.