Spider Eyes: The Latest JK Grill Craze

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
I'll let the pictures speak for themselves:

37072664_719497745068109_2038673142636871680_o.jpg

I truly am embarrassed to be associated with a good portion of the Jeep Wrangler scene... most notably the JKUs.

Disclaimer: I realize not all JKUs are bad, I know that. But seriously, I would say at least every 9 out of 10 of them are.

It's a bit weird...but honestly, I don't think it's as bad as the angry eyes. Still, I'm not a fan.

Jeeps to me are a very light-hearted, yet rugged vehicle, so anytime I see mods that try to make them super aggressive or edgy, I just cringe a bit.

Don't be angry. Just chill, put your top down, get some fresh air, and enjoy the ride.

Interestingly, depending on how it's wired, the spider eyes grill could land you in hot water with the cops up here. The highway traffic act only allows for 4 forward facing white lights with an exception for 5w or less turn signals.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: Chris
which means some Chinese company is rapidly trying to figure out a spidereyes overlay for the TJ.

One nice thing about the JK I have seen is its a bit more difficult to remove the front grill. not impossible, but more involved than the JKs 4 push pins. Maybe it will be spared the madness. Probably not.

I think the one acceptable use of a mod like this would be if you replaced the wheels in the Jeep with mecha-spider legs!

That would put a new spin on rock crawling.

200.gif

Reactions: Kiwi TJ and Hooser
I'm waiting for fiat to make the JL angry edition from the factory.