THEREALJIM

TJ Enthusiast
The shocks and springs on my 2006 LJR look, and feel, like their best days are behind them. Riding a little rough and seems like the front is sagging more than the normal 1.5". So with black friday/cyber monday, and my Jeep in the shop for other reasons, I thought I should look for some springs and shocks.

The PO installed what I'm 99% sure is a 2" Skyjacker spacer kit. I'd like to stick to the 2-2.5" lift kit range since I have 32" tires. The LJ also has stock control arms. My LJ and truck are primarily my daily drivers to work so the LJ would mainly see road/highway use but I do want to take it on the trails and dunes more so I'd like a spring that would be good for off road as well.

In the "what did you do to your TJ" thread I was recommended BDS or Old Man Emu springs and Rancho 5000x shocks 55239 front, 55241 rear. I was also recommended a 1" spacer in the front to even the rake out a little. So any suggestions would be great!

Have the BDS springs on my lj since 2015. I netted 2" from stock. Lost .5 inches with the warn m8000 winch up front. I wouldn't add spacers to get rid of rake.

Personally think leveling is stupid unless to gain back lost lift from accessories. I put kids and all kinds of stuff in back that will make the rear sag. Why run around with nose in the air?

Reactions: THEREALJIM
Have the BDS springs on my lj since 2015. I netted 2" from stock. Lost .5 inches with the warn m8000 winch up front. I wouldn't add spacers to get rid of rake.

Personally think leveling is stupid unless to gain back lost lift from accessories. I put kids and all kinds of stuff in back that will make the rear sag. Why run around with nose in the air?
That makes sense. I don't have any accessories on the front and typically I don't have the back seat in or the spare tire on, but I do haul the thicc a** 180lb dog in the back. Think I'll just stick with looking at the springs and shocks for now. Thanks!