Starting over: A lightweight Rock Crawling Daily Driver

IMG_2640.jpeg

Took a little break from the winch project to install an @sunnysideup_lj tailgate skin, the fitment is great but now I can really tell how bent my tailgate is 😂😭

View attachment 537045
Started tearing into the motor, @JMT @Blackjack how does this look?

Looks good. All I did at that point was get some plumbers abrasive tape and some electrical cleaner. I cleaned it with the cleaner then put the splined end of the commutator on my drill and pulled the trigger allowing light abrasion on the silver and copper portions with the plumbers tape. Then re-assembled that part.

You have plenty of brush. You’ll never use all that! Have fun getting the brushes back on the commutator!

Looks good. All I did at that point was get some plumbers abrasive tape and some electrical cleaner. I cleaned it with the cleaner then put the splined end of the commutator on my drill and pulled the trigger allowing light abrasion on the silver and copper portions with the plumbers tape. Then re-assembled that part.

You have plenty of brush. You’ll never use all that! Have fun getting the brushes back on the commutator!

I realized how much of a pita that was going to be the moment I hear them click when I pulled it out 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: JMT
Flat link E went onto my Jeep and the new ultra hook went onto the LJ for PNW Overland Expo, if any y’all are going and wanna say hi, we’ll be at the Naturnest booth all weekend long!

Last edited: