Strahan's 06 Rubi

How do you like that Veloster? I assume they are FWD, right?

At first they look sort of oddball, but they grow on you after a while.

I love it. Yea, that goofy styling is part of why I got it, I like the unique design. The three door thing is fraggin dumb though. They have tooling for a rear driver side door, as in markets where it's right hand drive the single rear door moves from passenger to driver so if they have the tooling, why not just make it a four door hatch? It really sucks when you put two kid seats in the rear, getting the kid into the one on the driver side requires some dexterity lol

Other than that, I am really happy with it. Very reliable, decently peppy so long as you let the tach wander around above four grand and for a compact economy car it has a good bit of space. Oh, and a pretty decent stock infotainment system.

Reactions: Chris
Has anyone tried to use a dead man pedal for a JK in aTJ? The JK pedal is 16$ and does not require cutting the floor mat. The one made for the TJ is 60$ and requires cutting the floor mat. Thanks for any help.

The dead pedal I put in my TJ was $47 and didn't require cutting anything.

All the JK dead pedals I see on a quick search bolt to the left side of the driver footwell wall. I can't see why that wouldn't work for us, assuming said wall isn't the actual exterior wall.

Thanks. It's a 3" Rusty's Offroad suspension lift with Cooper Discoverer STT 33 x 12.50 x 15 tires on Tactik Circle 8 15x8" steel wheels with 4" backspacing.

Great looking jeep in short order!

I had a "Flip Your Top" mod installed by my local Jeep mechanic:

flip_ur_top.png

Pretty cool. I was at first dismayed / disappointed because it wasn't what I had expected. I didn't realize that as I flipped it back, when it was perpendicular to the rollbar I had to tuck the fabric back lol. No tuck opening on the left, proper tucking on right:

flip_ur_top-opening_compare.png

Very happy with it. Sixty bucks for a handful of little parts I could get at the hardware store for under ten bucks probably seems a bit steep, but the functionality is worth every penny and I figured I don't mind lining the pockets of an innovative fellow Jeeper rather than a big corporation :)

Also found that the space between our sunvisors is perfect for a Maglite ML50L:

maglight_mount.png

I needed a flashlight for when I do pizza delivery at night and can't see peoples' house numbers. The ML50L is very bright for the price (thirty something at Wal-Mart). I also got the WHDZ $100 LED headlights I saw talked about in another thread. Weird light pattern:

led_pattern.png

...but now that I have them aligned, not too bad. They aren't as bright as I'd have wished, but for $100 can't really bitch. I had originally been eyeing KC HiLiTES 7" Pro LED for like $700 some, but then I saw it listed as JK only :( Probably would've been a much better light, but then, this saves me six bills too hehe.

Great looking rig. The new shoes look great and should do the job. On the tow hitch if you don't tow you could get rid of it to help with the next upgrade. With it removed you will get better exits on the trail. With the secondary hitch you can still add a carrier. All depends on your weekends.