Subwoofer install ideas?

You’re going to love it. And the bass control knob, you’ll be tempted not to install it, but I love mine, much easier than entering your head unit settings and making a bass adjustment. I literally use it everyday.

I was thinking about that. I do plan to install it. I am trying to figure out a very discreet place to mount it. I want it reasonably easy to get to, but out of sight for prying eyes.

Reactions: JMT
The sound storm sub is a 10”. It sound pretty good but don’t have much to compare to. Don’t really have any complaint.

Just thought I'd share my solution to anyone who finds this thread after a search like I did. I mounted a Kenwood KSC-SW11 powered subwoofer under the rear seat. In the location I mounted it, it is slightly visible from the outside which some people may not like. It is mounted directly to the floor. The seat still tumbles and everything smoothly. Rear passengers will have to mind the electrical but that shouldn't be a problem and I very rarely have a rear passenger.

wBtakex.jpg

jMIO12Y.jpg

The electrical visible here is unrelated to the subwoofer.

I am really pleased with the improvement this little subwoofer provides. When I turn it off I can't believe I used to listen to music without it. I think it was worth the ~$140 I paid on Amazon.

Reactions: CreepinDeth and JMT
Kicker hideaway is a great little box. Had one in the JKU and the CJ and it has an amp built in. Slim enough to fit under the driver's seat, or center console(need a big console) or attached to the rear seat. I may go this route once I measure the non-tilt bracket on the TJ and see if it fits. However, with the current overhead sound bar setup I am not sure if I will need it. The PO mounted two 4" speakers up there and a pair of tweeters as well as some interesting 3" mids. The sound that comes off the top is actually pretty balanced and I may just rock it this way with the new head unit. AVX AX3000 Sony with 55rmsx4 and all Polk speakers. Sounds great and clear. Will be encasing the front speakers in Boom mat cups just to see how that sounds and will treat the overhead enclosure with polyfill and dynomat when the spring gets here. so far now I can hear the music again and I'm ok with that.

Reactions: Fonz54
Nice set up.
I replaced the center console with an ammo can and added the 10" Rockville powered sub. I put an alpine amp under the steering column for my 4 x10 in dash and 5.5 in sound bar (Rockford Fosgate).

Reactions: Ephry73
Just thought I'd share my solution to anyone who finds this thread after a search like I did. I mounted a Kenwood KSC-SW11 powered subwoofer under the rear seat. In the location I mounted it, it is slightly visible from the outside which some people may not like. It is mounted directly to the floor. The seat still tumbles and everything smoothly. Rear passengers will have to mind the electrical but that shouldn't be a problem and I very rarely have a rear passenger.

View attachment 138329

View attachment 138330
The electrical visible here is unrelated to the subwoofer.

I am really pleased with the improvement this little subwoofer provides. When I turn it off I can't believe I used to listen to music without it. I think it was worth the ~$140 I paid on Amazon.
I really like this set up my only concern is water. Did u you do anything for it?

I really like this set up my only concern is water. Did u you do anything for it?
No, there's not much I could do for it in this location. I wont intentionally run the top off in the rain. If I get some sprinkles well hopefully it doesn't get damaged :)

No, there's not much I could do for it in this location. I wont intentionally run the top off in the rain. If I get some sprinkles well hopefully it doesn't get damaged :)
Ok I will look into water protection with this way a little more since washington kind of always is wet.

Hey fellas. I had the PS-8 under my back seat last year, didn't mount it under the seat because my back seat comes in and out a LOT. I found that when the back seat is out and I have items in the back or just empty, I don't like the sub all willy nilly free back there.

I've thought about mounting the sub to the rear tailgate door, that way it is out of the way if I need to store things when the seat is out.

Has anyone had any experience -
1 - Mounting ANYTHING to the tailgate door. Looking for do's/don'ts
2 - Mounted a sub there, and how/where they ran the wires.

Considering installing the Kenwood KSC-SW11 powered subwoofer under the drivers seat. Dimensions seem to work. Anyone tried this?
If the dimensions work, it shouldn’t be a problem. I know a lot of the powered subs won’t fit, so I don’t remember anyone doing this. The Kenwood version is not as common as others. Maybe someone will chime in.

Reactions: Ephry73
Hey fellas. I had the PS-8 under my back seat last year, didn't mount it under the seat because my back seat comes in and out a LOT. I found that when the back seat is out and I have items in the back or just empty, I don't like the sub all willy nilly free back there.

I've thought about mounting the sub to the rear tailgate door, that way it is out of the way if I need to store things when the seat is out.

Has anyone had any experience -
1 - Mounting ANYTHING to the tailgate door. Looking for do's/don'ts
2 - Mounted a sub there, and how/where they ran the wires.
Mount under the driver's seat should be fine and can hide the wiring under the console, or coming from the side. The sub in the tailgate area is not optimal at all, unless you run a hardtop year round.

If the dimensions work, it shouldn’t be a problem. I know a lot of the powered subs won’t fit, so I don’t remember anyone doing this. The Kenwood version is not as common as others. Maybe someone will chime in.
As long as the dimensions work, go for it. Mount the speaker facing down

Kicker hideaway is a great little box. Had one in the JKU and the CJ and it has an amp built in. Slim enough to fit under the driver's seat, or center console(need a big console) or attached to the rear seat. I may go this route once I measure the non-tilt bracket on the TJ and see if it fits. However, with the current overhead sound bar setup I am not sure if I will need it. The PO mounted two 4" speakers up there and a pair of tweeters as well as some interesting 3" mids. The sound that comes off the top is actually pretty balanced and I may just rock it this way with the new head unit. AVX AX3000 Sony with 55rmsx4 and all Polk speakers. Sounds great and clear. Will be encasing the front speakers in Boom mat cups just to see how that sounds and will treat the overhead enclosure with polyfill and dynomat when the spring gets here. so far now I can hear the music again and I'm ok with that.
Have any pictures of your setup that you could share?

Have any pictures of your setup that you could share?
Unfortunately no I don't of my setups.

Here are a few from the web. Linked form their sites. Several combos you can use. In my case I wanted to aim the speaker down, because I didn't want dog hair and sand and mud to get on the sub speaker. Even with the metal mesh things get in there and that would have driven me nuts.

Interesting setup in a JK that could be adapted as long as you don't flip the seats
2aiTCrm9JJ7GGFI1QdwrwQo6aYCi3I1CWulg=w1282-h961-no.jpg

Reactions: CreepinDeth
Unfortunately no I don't of my setups.

Here are a few from the web. Linked form their sites. Several combos you can use. In my case I wanted to aim the speaker down, because I didn't want dog hair and sand and mud to get on the sub speaker. Even with the metal mesh things get in there and that would have driven me nuts.

Interesting setup in a JK that could be adapted as long as you don't flip the seats
View attachment 190088
Thanks