Suggestions for a minimalist front bumper?

Rubisohoe

TJ Enthusiast
Looking to change out my front bumper to something that is smaller but has a winch mount and a way to attach my fairlead.

Any ideas or suggestions you guys have to help me find the right parts?

I don't seem to have a good way of cutting this one up and welding it to my liking, I think maybe it's best to start over.

Here's a picture of what what I have now.

IMG_20200214_133957834_HDR.jpg

Reactions: Tray Burge
Looking to change out my front bumper to something that is smaller but has a winch mount and a way to attach my fairlead.

I don't seem to have a good way of cutting this one up and welding it to my liking, I think maybe it's best to start over.

View attachment 144248
I think that bumper needs more "cow bell" lol.
Actually, I'm in the same conundrum myself and seeking the same thing you are.

You might just respray your current bumper semi-gloss or satin black to hold you over. It would blend in a bit more with your grill and appear smaller. If you are the type that likes changing out your look from time to time it might be worth finding a nice used winch plate so the next time your tastes change you can just swap bumpers. These days I like the Fishbone Offroad Piranha front bumpers look. It's like a cheap chinese Warn rockcrawler clone with a nice winch guard hoop. It does require a separate winch plate but I think that's not a bad thing as I said.

View attachment 144248
I have that same bumper. I'm a bit tired of its bulkiness too. I went out and it looks like the only way to cut it is to remove the wings on both sides, but that puts into jeopardy the through-welded D-ring mounts. If they were just a half inch lower it would probably work after cleaning it all up. Be a nice stubby. Oh well, if you try, post up some pics.

Reactions: Rubisohoe
Savvy 100%.

Not only is it lightweight aluminum, but it's about as minimal as it gets. It's also a damn fine looking front bumper as well.

Here it is on my old TJ:

View attachment 144249

View attachment 144250
I do like that bumper! I've wanted to get one for several years.

I agree with the bobbed OE bumper. I don't have a winch on mine, but it's easily doable. Can't get much more minimalist than that.
IMG_20200305_153319.jpg