Suggestions on Torque Wrenches?

The Harbor Freight one is decent. I tested it against a fancy one at my mechanic's shop and it was pretty close. I like the fact that it can double as a breaker bar in the trail.

I have both sides of the spectrum in my tool box. I have a few HF ones that work pretty well. They are affordable and do the job.

I recently did a Major upgrade on my diesel truck and wanted the torque specs to be exact. I went with a digital Snap-on model that did multiple torque settings like Ft pound, Inch pound, Newton Meter and a few others. Those 3 settings alone are used on most newer vehicles. I am lucky that I have a good friend that owns a shop and I got his price rate for the tool. It still was expensive, but the sting of the price wasn't as bad as full retail.

I have both sides of the spectrum in my tool box. I have a few HF ones that work pretty well. They are affordable and do the job.

I recently did a Major upgrade on my diesel truck and wanted the torque specs to be exact. I went with a digital Snap-on model that did multiple torque settings like Ft pound, Inch pound, Newton Meter and a few others. Those 3 settings alone are used on most newer vehicles. I am lucky that I have a good friend that owns a shop and I got his price rate for the tool. It still was expensive, but the sting of the price wasn't as bad as full retail.
The Snap On digitals are unbeatable for the torque checks we used to do at work. They weren’t my first choice if I was paying the bill. A bit fragile for a rough environment.

Don’t get me wrong they’re a sweet wrench. Unless they changed the design, keep your hand off the battery cap when you are pulling on the wrench handle. The early ones we had were fairly easy to break the cap or at least give you an intermittent, flaky reading due to loss of contact.

Reactions: EBW