Suggestions on which 3” suspension lift to go with?

Farmergreg

The work will set you free
Supporting Member
Ride of the Month Winner
So I'm going blind here looking at various coils for my LJR/Hardtop. I'd like to get something ordered and get on with the build!
Keep in mind i'm going with a UCF ultra clearance transfer case skid. BL & ML. And going to run 33's

I'd like to end up with a solid 3" of spring lift.
For those that run the Currie 4"....what actual lift would I achieve with my LJ?
Or go HD OME and hope for 2.5"+ ?

I defer to the gurus!

It all depends on your sprung vs unsprung weight at final build. Questions like, will you have an aftermarket bumper or winch, an extra large spare, rocker guards, et al must be figured into the equation. Plus, you have the heavier LJ. I’m researching 3” springs right now, but I’ve been really busy so I haven’t made much progress.

I’ll tell you this, the OME HD is a 2933/2942 spring combo. This combo consistently gives a front rake that nobody likes. So people end up adding a spacer up front. That’s not entirely bad. A spacer can be a good thing. However, you might look at 2934/2942 combo. The spring rate is 160 rather than 140 and uncompressed length is 20.07” vs 19.58, if I recall correctly. For my rig it would give 3 1/16” up front and the rear 2942’s would give 2 1/4”, which is pretty level.

In the end you need to know your sprung and unsprung weight of your rig. Are you on stock coils now?

Last edited:
Reactions: Farmergreg
The OME HD coils, along with the BL and MML, will give you enough ride height to fit 33s. Is that what you are asking about, what coils will give you enough clearance to fit 33s?

With longer coils, i.e. 4", you may need to consider other components to correct driveline angles, so the coil height depends on what you are building for, how much work you want to tackle, and of course $$$$.

It's sitting on stock coils now and is completely stock as of this moment.
The UCF skid is aluminum. Also putting a UCF alum gas tank skid on. So It will loose some weight.
Going to add a winch and winch plate (probably aluminum also) to the stock front bumper.
And something like the Dirt Works rear bumper and removing the mopar trailer hitch and stock bumper.

The OME HD coils, along with the BL and MML, will give you enough ride height to fit 33s. Is that what you are asking about, what coils will give you enough clearance to fit 33s?

With longer coils, i.e. 4", you may need to consider other components to correct driveline angles, so the coil height depends on what you are building for, how much work you want to tackle, and of course $$$$.

To clarify:
For those running 4" Currie or 2.5" OME on a similar rig....what was your actual gain in lift for just the springs...w/o adding spacers to level it.

With the lo-pro tummy tuck, I don't want to go nuts on spring lift.

Reactions: KCsTJ
I run the OME ZJ/LJ (934/949) springs with 1 inch BL and 33's on my LJ hardtop. It sits nice and level and rides great. I paired it with Rancho 9000xl adjustable shocks. After 1 year I have 2.5" of lift. I just took a tape measure under the Jeep and the springs measure 14.5"/10.5". That is with a winch and bumper in the front and tire carrier in the rear.

I run the OME ZJ/LJ (934/949) springs with 1 inch BL and 33's on my LJ hardtop. It sits nice and level and rides great. I paired it with Rancho 9000xl adjustable shocks. After 1 year I have 2.5" of lift. I just took a tape measure under the Jeep and the springs measure 14.5"/10.5". That is with a winch and bumper in the front and tire carrier in the rear.
Thanks for the update....this was what I'm looking for. Real world experience.

This information is about as good as it gets. :)

So can we extrapolate this to the 4" lift settles out at 3 1/2"?
All we know is that his coils provide that much lift on his Jeep. If your Jeep is similar, then you would get similar results with those same coils.

All we know is that his coils provide that much lift on his Jeep. If your Jeep is similar, then you would get similar results with those same coils.
And at the end of the day....I'm not any closer than when I started.
I'll do the farmer thing....buy the 4" and torch:firedevil: them to length!

Reactions: lindsey97
2933 and 2942 On an LJ with 33’s

A6FFAF90-2821-4B77-AE8D-9EEA336B6A90.jpeg

Reactions: Farmergreg
Does anyone know what the spring rates are on the 3" Savvy coils?

Does anyone know what the spring rates are on the 3" Savvy coils?

I'd like to know this myself. I've called and emailed them I never heard back.

From past threads they appear to be pretty soft coils and only net about 2". But I have seen reports that the newer coils give more lift. I don't know if its a quality control issue or if they changed rates or lengths.

You may also want to check out a current thread about JKS Jspec 3" progressive coils. The have ride rates of 150 front and 190 rear and have a second rate of 220 and 240 to carry a load when lifted. This is the coil I am leaning towards since I can no longer get the Nth Degree coils I wanted. They advertise 3" of lift on a stock Jeep. So figure from there how your weight compares to stock.