Suggestions on which 3” suspension lift to go with?

Good info @Fargo
Currie only lists a 4" spring.
Don't know why this has to be a big secret....but I'm only going to spend my money when I KNOW the answers.

Reactions: Midnight LJR
Good info @Fargo
Currie only lists a 4" spring.
Don't know why this has to be a big secret....but I'm only going to spend my money when I KNOW the answers.

I can't tell you the spring rates, but I will say that my Savvy 3" springs have left me with just about 4" of uptravel with my 33's and correct bumptops. I've never measured the spring to see exactly how much lift I have, but I can tonight if that is a concern for you. Otherwise, I don't really have much to say about the springs besides they work and I've never had a problem with them.

My Jeep has a Currie lift with 3" Savvy springs and 33's. This is the best photo I have that shows how the Jeep sits with the lift. It might sit a little different now that I have a soft top on it.

IMG_0164.jpg

EDIT: I found some photos with the soft top that might be a little more helpful:

IMG_0165.jpg

IMG_0172.jpg

Last edited:
Savvy has a 3" and Currie is a 4". But I think they are the same otherwise. But I could be wrong. They are pretty tight lipped about any information

Interesting. I wouldn't be surprised if they're both manufactured in the same facility by the same people. If anyone knows, it would be @mrblaine for sure.

Savvy has a 3" and Currie is a 4". But I think they are the same otherwise. But I could be wrong. They are pretty tight lipped about any information
My memory is that Currie makes the 3" and 4" Savvy springs. But they are not the same as Currie.

I once had a set of Currie 3" springs, so they did offer that at one point in time.

My memory is that Currie makes the 3" and 4" Savvy springs. But they are not the same as Currie.

I once had a set of Currie 3" springs, so they did offer that at one point in time.

This was also taken from the other forum:

funny thing though is that deaver claims they're 3" but currie sells them as 4". :dunno:

I can't tell you the spring rates, but I will say that my Savvy 3" springs have left me with just about 4" of uptravel with my 33's and correct bumptops. I've never measured the spring to see exactly how much lift I have, but I can tonight if that is a concern for you. Otherwise, I don't really have much to say about the springs besides they work and I've never had a problem with them.

My Jeep has a Currie lift with 3" Savvy springs and 33's. This is the best photo I have that shows how the Jeep sits with the lift. It might sit a little different now that I have a soft top on it.

View attachment 59313

EDIT: I found some photos with the soft top that might be a little more helpful:

View attachment 59314

View attachment 59315
I thought maybe you were going for the November ride of the month submission with that pic!
What part of Evanston can I find that mountain range ?;)

Seriously though is your actual lift 3" front and back?

Reactions: tomtaylz
Still lacking any data on the savvy coils.

Took 10 minutes after emailing JKS to get the specs on their TJ springs:

Spring rates are 150/200 front and 190/240 rear

Heights are
2" front 19"
2" rear 14.125

3" front 20"
3" rear 15.125"

Likely going with JKS! (A++ for responsiveness)

Take before/after measurements. Would like to know how much actual lift the JKS springs net you.

I thought maybe you were going for the November ride of the month submission with that pic!
What part of Evanston can I find that mountain range ?;)

Seriously though is your actual lift 3" front and back?

Measured 15" front when including my .75" spacer (I have a winch so the spacer is there to compensate for the extra weight).
Measured just barely over 11" in the rear. Probably because I have virtually no weight in the back of my Jeep.

So yes, they are very very close to 3" after around 2.5 years of being on my Jeep.

Reactions: Farmergreg
Does anyone know what the spring rates are on the 3" Savvy coils?
Good luck! I’ve e-mailed and called and I never got an answer. I did talk to Katy, but she didn’t give an answer. She actually said, I think they’re 65. LOL! She also said that they give a solid 3” of lift. But like @Fargo said, everything you read on the internet says they re soft. Is that the same spring as the one’s they’re making now? IDK

View attachment 59313

View attachment 59314

View attachment 59315
I actually would be very interested in teh true lift your 3” Savvy’s are netting. That would be awesome!

I actually would be very interested in teh true lift your 3” Savvy’s are netting. That would be awesome!

I'm not exactly sure right now as I didn't measure very accurately last time (was in a hurry). I'll get some photos tonight of the tape measure next to the springs. I have a 3/4" spacer in the front to account for the weight of the winch. It sits pretty level with my hardtop. Has a little more height in the back without the top.

My Savvy/Currie 3" lift. Sitting on level ground: Fronts 14.5", rear 10.5" (not sure how correct the rear measurement is laying on my back under the Jeep. I did my best.) That is with the hard top on right now. I also have a 1.25"BL, MCE front fenders, outboarded shocks, and have re-located the stock rear upper spring perches to the center of the frame arch. Running 35" tires comfortably. I asked for the HD rear spring rate, whatever that is. I don't know what the spring rate is. I just know I like them, and they didn't sag like my previous 3" springs.
The best thing about this lift is the Savvy dbl adjustable arms and the Currie JJ front axle conversion. I have ran two other manufactures adjustable arms. They were junk compared to these. Creaking and clunking with failing bushings and joints. After 3 years, my Savvy arms with Currie joints are still as tight and silent as the day I put them on.

Arms and shocks are far more important than springs, IMO.

20170409_175615_zpsftlsomcz.jpg

4f655971-a787-4684-8b28-0ab05455a1b3_zpslykjiure.jpg

Reactions: JMT and IPerkWVU
My Savvy/Currie 3" lift. Sitting on level ground: Fronts 14.5", rear 10.5" (not sure how correct the rear measurement is laying on my back under the Jeep. I did my best.) That is with the hard top on right now. I also have a 1.25"BL, MCE front fenders, outboarded shocks, and have re-located the stock rear upper spring perches to the center of the frame arch. Running 35" tires comfortably. I asked for the HD rear spring rate, whatever that is. I don't know what the spring rate is. I just know I like them, and they didn't sag like my previous 3" springs.
The best thing about this lift is the Savvy dbl adjustable arms and the Currie JJ front axle conversion. I have ran two other manufactures adjustable arms. They were junk compared to these. Creaking and clunking with failing bushings and joints. After 3 years, my Savvy arms with Currie joints are still as tight and silent as the day I put them on.

Arms and shocks are far more important than springs, IMO.

View attachment 59512

View attachment 59513
I hate to bother you, but do you have a pic from the front? I’ve been thinking about MCE fenders in the future. My build is mighty similar, but you are quite a ways down the road. Nice!

Reactions: IPerkWVU
I hate to bother you, but do you have a pic from the front? I’ve been thinking about MCE fenders in the future. My build is mighty similar, but you are quite a ways down the road. Nice!

No problem. Many don't like the transition from the fender to MCE connection. It doesn't bother me. The do exactly what they were designed to do: move out of the way without damaging tub when bumping trees and things.
Pics are same 3" lift
20180915_135748_zpshbwdlvyq.jpg

20141025_105507_zps9d4c3fd7.jpg

FB_IMG_1531162775971_zpstvf4j8cm.jpg

Reactions: MaloStapalo
No problem. Many don't like the transition from the fender to MCE connection. It doesn't bother me. The do exactly what they were designed to do: move out of the way without damaging tub when bumping trees and things.
Pics are same 3" lift
View attachment 59542
View attachment 59543

View attachment 59544
Thank you. Did you gain any clearance above the tire? If so, how much? Behind the tire? How much?

I like. They work well with your sliders

Thank you. Did you gain any clearance above the tire? If so, how much? Behind the tire? How much?
I like. They work well with your sliders

Thank you. The clearance you gain is just from the removal of the lip that the stock fender flares attach to. I would say 1-2". No gains behind the tire as the stock fender still remains in that area. Enclosed is a very old pic during install.
DSCN2671.jpg