Super 35 kit problem

02marc02

I have a 2002 tj with a rear dana 35 on 32 inch tires I wanna run a lunchbox locker because I don't have the money currently for the air locker so I found a aussie locker I like and I want to add a super 35 kit but the kit makes the shaft spline 30 and the aussie locker for the 35 is 27 spline the only 30 spline locker from aussie and spartan are for the dana 44 now would that work with the kit or could the 35 one work with the super kit having a 30 spline alxe shafts

I'm not really sure what your questions is...?
The Super35 kit is defined as a full-case locker with 30 spline axle shafts. A lunch box locker (Aussie, Spartan etc.) is not, by definition, a full-case locker. A differential from a Dana44 will not work inside a Dana35 housing. Hope that helps?

Reactions: Ephry73
O yah? And i was under the assumption that it got "S" for beefed up shafts which in turn allows ANY locking ability.

@02marc02 there are upgraded 27 splines compare to the stock. they are stronger, but they are not 30 splines strong.
How much stronger than stock, and how much weaker than 30 is good luck to you in figuring it out. People been spewing mystical % numbers, with not a jack shit to back them up.

Dig though this links, they are somewhere in there:

https://dutchmanaxles.com/jeep-stock-replacement-axle-c-clip-single.htmlhttps://www.revolutiongear.com/prod...j_wj_27_spline_kit_wo_locker_discovery_series

Redfin I have no complaint at all. I am in the process of building my jeep so no hard wheeling yet. Only people I found that knocked the S35 were ones with no experience with it.

I have the Revolution Super 35 kit with ARB and it definitely gives me peace of mind. I am not a hard-core wheeler, but I enjoy the comfort of knowing that there is probably very little that I can do on my 33" tires that will do any damage to my setup.

I do want to mention also that this is the one that Jerry Bransford as well as other knowledgeable TJ'ers recommend, so there is that.

Any complaints with your S35? In my case that route is looking better and better than a swap.
I have the Super35 with an Eaton E-Locker, Revolution shafts, 4.88 gears and 35" tires. I've put it thru 2 seasons of some difficult wheeling with no complaints. It's performed flawlessly.

Reactions: Hopper
I have the Detroit Locker with Alloy USA shafts, 4.88 gears and 35" tires. This axle experienced a fluke locker failure that was a Detroit issue but nothing related to the the Super 35 aspect of the kit.