Surgery...

huh, you in that veil and 3 in. heels....:love:............:ROFLMAO:
Would be perfectly appropriate for Lebanese style Belly Dance! All other styles are traditionally barefoot, but Lebanese dancers wear heels. Its nice to have options when you need them - if I didn't have the heels ahead of time, I'd be less comfortable, although they *will* kill my calves if I'm up in them too much. The first time I walked in them (years back) was a comedy! I should have videoed it.

These things are falling apart though - I need to take them to a shoe repair outfit, if there still are such things, as they're part of my EGA (Elegant Gothic Aristocrat aka Elegant Gothic Brolita) costume.

Last edited:
Reactions: mrjp and Wildman
I can straighten the leg today, but its still a mite bit uncomfortable. Tomorrow for sure, but I'll stay in the heels for today because I gotta go to the doc and run some errands.

Are you not suppose to straighten it? Just curious about that as it was one of the KEY things they stressed after my amputation.

When I had my ACL replaced in my left knee I used my crutches one day and that was it.

Really glad it is better and that you are recovering quickly. I'm sure you are but listen to your doc's and don't push it since it'd SUCK to hurt it now that you're so close to being healed.
Being pain free/reduced pain is an added PLUS to this and I am really happy for you on that point.

Are you not suppose to straighten it? Just curious about that as it was one of the KEY things they stressed after my amputation.

When I had my ACL replaced in my left knee I used my crutches one day and that was it.

Really glad it is better and that you are recovering quickly. I'm sure you are but listen to your doc's and don't push it since it'd SUCK to hurt it now that you're so close to being healed.
Being pain free/reduced pain is an added PLUS to this and I am really happy for you on that point.
No - nothing said about straightening it or not - I'm just being careful with it. The foot quasi-hurts slash feels weird when the leg is fully straightened WITH the foot in a normal standing posture. Which is why I'm still wearing the heels - leg can then be straight without issue. I can do "foot normal" or "straight leg", but not both - its like my Achilles tendon is pissed off. Going to one doc today, will see the surgeon on Monday. Did get news just now that the tumor was, as expected, benign. Always good to hear!

That is the best news yet. Tumor anytime is just something I'd rather not hear. Hope it continues to keep going good and that no other issues come up. Enjoy the heels...

I can straighten the leg today, but its still a mite bit uncomfortable. Tomorrow for sure, but I'll stay in the heels for today because I gotta go to the doc and run some errands.

I'm glad you're getting better.

As for the heels, are you using them as your version of the "chocolate milkshake (or cocktails)" Jerry mentioned? Nobody, including the wife, can know when something will get in the way of an errand and move it to tomorrow, the day after that, or some time next week.

No - nothing said about straightening it or not - I'm just being careful with it. The foot quasi-hurts slash feels weird when the leg is fully straightened WITH the foot in a normal standing posture. Which is why I'm still wearing the heels - leg can then be straight without issue. I can do "foot normal" or "straight leg", but not both - its like my Achilles tendon is pissed off. Going to one doc today, will see the surgeon on Monday. Did get news just now that the tumor was, as expected, benign. Always good to hear!
Zorba Glad to hear about the tumor!
Now if you can get healed up and functional,
without traumatizing the rest of the forum with graphic descriptions of what your wearing we'll be getting somewhere!!:LOL:

Hope the Doc appointments go well and you feel better every day !

Reactions: Zorba
I'm glad you're getting better.

As for the heels, are you using them as your version of the "chocolate milkshake (or cocktails)" Jerry mentioned? Nobody, including the wife, can know when something will get in the way of an errand and move it to tomorrow, the day after that, or some time next week.
The heels are fun, but not something I want to wear on a regular basis. Not exactly comfortable. This was the perfect storm; I having to deal with a tenant move out, the surgery, and the Mercedes, all at the same time. I was even offered a performance gig today that I had to turn down because of the surgery, although I was able to get over to the rental and get a couple of things done. On top of all this, its a Mercury Retrograde - and I *HATE* Merc-Rets!
@ColoJeep will be thrilled to hear that I wore a face veil and a skirt to the doc as well.

inheels.jpg

The heels are fun, but not something I want to wear on a regular basis. Not exactly comfortable. This was the perfect storm; I having to deal with a tenant move out, the surgery, and the Mercedes, all at the same time. I was even offered a performance gig today that I had to turn down because of the surgery, although I was able to get over to the rental and get a couple of things done. On top of all this, its a Mercury Retrograde - and I *HATE* Merc-Rets!
@ColoJeep will be thrilled to hear that I wore a face veil and a skirt to the doc as well.

View attachment 259884
Is this the point in the conversation where I act surprised at your going to the Doctor outfit? :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: Wildman
Naw, you're supposed to compliment me on my wondrous fashion sense and ask where you can get a similar ensemble! ;) :D
Well I will say that it apparently works for you! :)
But for me I think it falls back to the don't " traumatize the Forum " side of the conversation ! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I will say that I never thought I would be having this conversation on a Jeep Forum:oops:
I hope you heal up quickly and get back to " normal" (y)

• Haha
Reactions: Zorba and Wildman
Naw, you're supposed to compliment me on my wondrous fashion sense and ask where you can get a similar ensemble! ;) :D

Ok while it might not be my first choice for an ensemble for a doctors visit I think the shirt clashes with the skirt.
My fashion sense daughter says that you should have gone with a white or lighter colored shirt.

I have enough issues trying to get my prosthetic foot to swap between hiking boot/motorcycle boots/cowboy boots so I'm sure I'd HATE to try out heels with it.

Clashing is the new normal, haven't you heard? :D Think Christmas, man, Christmas!

I'm finally OUT of the heels and am standing and walking more-or-less flat footed now, thank Goddess. Still have a bit of a gimp - leg muscles are a bit tight. Monday is followup with the surgeon - although I cheated a bit and sneaked off to a dance class last nite - where the teacher told me she'd NEVER wear heels "that high"! Anyway, we were doing core work, so I was able to do some of it, but also sat out for parts. Was able to get the old Mercedes filled with coolant finally, and took it for a test run.

Reactions: Wildman
Being in constant releve' on one leg was causing me considerable muscle pain, but said leg - although better - isn't quite ready to be stood on normally. So I had a choice - either walk around in releve' on both legs - or put on a pair of 3 inch heels, which is pretty much the same position but I can relax into them.

Aren't you glad you asked? :D ;)
Stiletto’s I assume?

🤣🤣🤣

Should be minor, but its been a PITF (Pain In The Foot) thus far. Last fall, I noticed a lump in my right upper calf, and when I pressed on it, I'd get a zinging pain in my foot - outboard side. I've been dealing with random, strange and wonderful pains in that foot for several years - and I had thought it had to do with a dance accident back in Y2K, and maybe some of it does.

Anyway, I've been trying to get this stupid thing taken care of since January, and here it is mid-June. Referrals from one doc to the next. Long story short, it was discovered that it is either a (benign) tumor that is wrapped up with a nerve - or its the nerve itself that was damaged somehow and is now AFU. I don't recall a hurting myself in my upper right calf, but whatever. *shrug*

Tomorrow (6/14), I go in for yet another attempt to do something about it. Hopefully its a success this time - the last time it was thought to be some kind of vascular thing, when the doc stuck a needle in it, I just about flew off the table - it felt like somebody had taken a blow torch to my foot! As a corrective action, that procedure was a dismal failure. However, as a diagnostic aid, it was a resounding success! (y)(y) Tomorrow's procedure will be done under general anesthesia, thank Goddess.

Prayers, rituals, best wishes, and juggling flaming chipmunks would all be appreciated!
Good luck...fingers crossed.