Sway Bar Link Angle

RYAN17

So I recently bought some JKS disconnects and swapped them out from my other aftermarket links that were on from a previous owner and there have been some quirks... For one my sway bar wont stay centered causing (always the passenger side link) to be fully flexed out angled towards the driver side. I know that the joint on the JKS links accommodate for the angle but it just seems like there is something wrong. The other thing i get is some type of squeak noise when i’m turning and almost like a tapping. Any ideas?

Some pictures

This is more of a question than a statement. I see people mount the U shaped upper conversion bracket on both the top and bottom of the swaybar. I mount mine on the top myself. Which is correct or does it matter?

My sway bar moves back and forth/side to side like that. JKS sells clamps that keep the sway bar centered. I used some hose clamps. Seems to work just fine. Also check to see if ur axle is centered.

My sway bar moves back and forth/side to side like that. JKS sells clamps that keep the sway bar centered. I used some hose clamps. Seems to work just fine.
Why would you want to restrict the antiswaybar's ability to follow the axle as it moves side-to-side? The axle moves left-right as it moves down/up, sometimes significantly. The antiswaybar was designed to allow side-to-side movement for that reason.

Reactions: astjp2
The sway bar will shift over allowing the bolt to rub on the frame. There is more than enough misalignment in the jks discos to allow for the axle to move side to side. Don’t get much flex when still attached. Fairly common problem, so much that they make special clamps to prevent this.

Reactions: mikespine
They sell those clamps in most big box stores. A circle cut in half with a bolt on each side to clamp down on a round bar. Like what they used on the front axle of a lawnmower to keep the wheels on. Sizes from around 1/2" to 1 1/2". My antisway bar is 1 1/8" if I remember correctly. Just a few $ each. One on the outside of either frame bushing will stop it from sliding sideways to side.👍

^^^

A split shaft collar is the name you're thinking of...

(And I would move the "U" bracket to the top of the sway bar, per instructions)