Sway bar links

up on the mountain.

TJ Enthusiast
Looks like my oem sway bar links are worn out. Any ideas what are a good brand for replacement? Also should I just replace them with quick disconnects? I was looking at Jks or rubicon express discos. Looking for some ideas. thanks.

Any ideas what are a good brand for replacement? Also should I just replace them with quick disconnects?
Don't do disconnects until you unbolt them at the trail head a few times and get tired of doing that. Disconnects wear out faster than factory style and if you don't use them they are a waste of money. I'd run the plain factory style $5-10 links on Rockauto without a second thought. Like @P man says if you have much of a lift you probably need longer links, the sway bar should rest around level or slightly high towards the rear of the Jeep in the front.

I just installed Moog end links. Exact fit and easy to install. I liked the fact the top bolt had a hex fitting at the end to keep the ball joint from spinning as I tightened it down. Next up are my rear end links (and I went with Moog).

Keep in mind they have poly bushings, some prefer rubber.

Reactions: CptnMurica
Swaybar disconnects are the cheapest method of adding a lot more traction/stability to your jeep. If you plan on lifting your jeep adjustable quick disconnects are a good bet. One set will accommodate a wide range of lifts and even different jeep types ( i.e. TJ , Cherokee ) So you buy once. Got mine from Rusty's Off road and they come with poly bushings and quick release pins. They are very easy to disconnect and reconnect if you plan ahead a little. Just find a level spot before you get deep into the trail and with the pull of a ring pin, the links slide right off the axle pin — piece of cake. You then rotate the link ends up & slide them onto the provided stowage pins. Reverse order when your leaving the trail. And once the sway braces are on their stow points they are not being loaded at all.

I've been running for 7+ years & they seem to be holding up fine but my jeep is for the getting to/ getting back and wheeling on the trail (not my daily driver).
Its surprising how seldom I need to have the links connected.

Good luck

Swaybar disconnects are the cheapest method of adding a lot more traction/stability to your jeep.
Airing down is cheaper.
Got mine from Rusty's Off road
:unsure:
Rusty's (2017_11_20 00_38_12 UTC).jpg

I just installed Moog end links. Exact fit and easy to install. I liked the fact the top bolt had a hex fitting at the end to keep the ball joint from spinning as I tightened it down. Next up are my rear end links (and I went with Moog).

Just got these. Like he said.

3F53917C-C047-4F14-B898-302428245647.jpeg

Reactions: up on the mountain.
Well my thinking is if ya don’t have a 4” lift with 33s and as many mods a person has bills to pay. I’m sure it’ll all be fine man. 😂
Just got these. Like he said.

View attachment 308907

thanks .

Pulling a holy thread revival. Anyone else order these MOOG parts and have them not fit? 2006 LJ. Taper is way to big.

Never had that issue..can you post a pic of the taper on the link and another of the taper on the sway bar please?

Never had that issue..can you post a pic of the taper on the link and another of the taper on the sway bar please?

They fit my 06 fine. P/N K3197

Dear friends of TJ forum:

You Are Dumb Patrick Star GIF by SpongeBob SquarePants

They fit perfectly fine if you aren't a complete dial tone and are installing them from the correct side of the sway bar.

I had the bar pointed downward to beat the old links out with a pickle fork. From there I didn't bother moving the bar back up to its normal position and was attempting to stab them in from the top side of the bar. A real beans above the frank situation.

Me dumb. I'll go delete my account now and have a large helping of crow.

Aidy Bryant Snl GIF by Saturday Night Live

• Haha
Reactions: JKP