SxS morons

R49

Forum odd guy
Lifetime Supporting Member
Zoom in on the photos and look around.
Tracks where they are not supposed to be brought to you by our friends in the side by side community.

8A92259B-4CC8-440A-9502-476C887DA590.jpeg

0F950933-FFA1-4C7C-A0B3-6BA8DC001536.jpeg
This is just off of forest road 2414 in the Beartooth mountains.
I have encountered packs of side by sides in my off road adventures over the years. They mostly run in groups and are only a minor nuisance.
But I’m seeing more and more shit like what’s in the photos.
About two weeks ago I confronted an idiot driving off the designated roads about two miles from here. While he was being a belligerent asshole and claiming its public land and he could drive anywhere he wanted, my buddy snapped a photo of his registration sticker. A complaint was made with the forest service office.
Don’t know if anything will come of this.
Behavior like this is what is going to get areas closed off to us.
The tree spiking hag that runs the BLM is already trying to close down our recreational use of public lands and shit like this is not helping.

Tracks where they are not supposed to be brought to you by our friends in the side by side community.

View attachment 441877

View attachment 441878This is just off of forest road 2414 in the Beartooth mountains.
I have encountered packs of side by sides in my off road adventures over the years. They mostly run in groups and are only a minor nuisance.
But I’m seeing more and more shit like what’s in the photos.
About two weeks ago I confronted an idiot driving off the designated roads about two miles from here. While he was being a belligerent asshole and claiming its public land and he could drive anywhere he wanted, my buddy snapped a photo of his registration sticker. A complaint was made with the forest service office.
Don’t know if anything will come of this.
Behavior like this is what is going to get areas closed off to us.
The tree spiking hag that runs the BLM is already trying to close down our recreational use of public lands and shit like this is not helping.

Don't think it's just limited to SxS.

I have seen folks in ford's, Chevrolet, dodge and OMG yes even Jeeps doing the same thing.

But alas folks need to understand, STAY ON THE TRAIL!!!!!!!

Don't think it's just limited to SxS.

I have seen folks in ford's, Chevrolet, dodge and OMG yes even Jeeps doing the same thing.

But alas folks need to understand, STAY ON THE TRAIL!!!!!!!

I do feel like a fair amount of the SXS group hasn't worked their way up the ladder and learned trail etiquette. "Hell they're paying me to stay home...lets go to the SXS dealer" Just jump in that new turbo sum bitch and give r hell mindset.

For instance when you hold your hand up with fingers to indicate how many people are in your group and they just wave at you or ignore it....then you proceed to meet the rest of their group. Many can't just pass you either w/o giving it the juice. Or slow down when they meet you so you don't eat dust.

Quads are worse.

I do feel like a fair amount of the SXS group hasn't worked their way up the ladder and learned trail etiquette. "Hell they're paying me to stay home...lets go to the SXS dealer" Just jump in that new turbo sum bitch and give r hell mindset.

For instance when you hold your hand up with fingers to indicate how many people are in your group and they just wave at you or ignore it....then you proceed to meet the rest of their group. Many can't just pass you either w/o giving it the juice. Or slow down when they meet you so you don't eat dust.

Quads are worse.

#boxcanyon 😉

Non street legal vehicles were banded from our local mountains back in the 80s because of all the knuckle heads on rented 3 wheelers. The problem is once one ahole makes tracks all the others follow. Bought my first Wrangler so I could go into my local mountains. I’m blessed that in 15 min I’m off road. Wife and I took a trip up to Big Bear Thur and never came across another vehicle until we came over the last ridge and ran into all the mountain bikers.

Reactions: alittleoff

Quads are worse.

I saw a SxS last year doing what had to be 50mph+ on the switchbacks just below the top of Imogene Pass. My blood was boiling.

The offtrail stuff is more distributed across vehicle types but SxS are boring when you drive them the way you're supposed to drive in places we take our Jeeps, so they drive like they see in the TV ads and treat everything like Baja.

I've been riding dirtbikes and driving 4x4s since the mid eighties and while there's always an asshole or three among the dirtbike/ATV and 4x4 crowd there has never been a worse scourge on the offroad community than SxSs.

I see it with all types of vehicles but SxS drivers seem to be especially prone to making bypasses around obstacles and downed trees. They haven't clued into the fact that they arent entitled to continue on a trail simply because it gets too hard or becomes too much work. Oh and fragile meadows, the seem to love making tracks in those things. They should issue tags to shoot drivers caught in the act doing that.

What is with SXS and flags too? This was never a phenomenon growing up unless a small flag was required for safety, usually in the sand dunes. I stopped moving over after a group of 30+ SXS all roosted me as they passed. We run CB so my sweep guy had let me know they were coming and I pulled off at the first open spot after Box Canyon. From now on, they wait.

What is with SXS and flags too? This was never a phenomenon growing up unless a small flag was required for safety, usually in the sand dunes. I stopped moving over after a group of 30+ SXS all roosted me as they passed. We run CB so my sweep guy had let me know they were coming and I pulled off at the first open spot after Box Canyon. From now on, they wait.

Seems our Box Canyon is a fun place to be.

And these days they’re not just out in the wild. One jackass with 3 passengers was doing 40-50 in the neighborhood, hit the curb, almost rolled, but recovered then crashed into a car parked in front of someone‘s house. Nearly totaled the car, and the SxS was not registered and had no insurance.