SxS morons

I must be one of the very few civilized people who drive a SxS. Sad

I moved to Strawberry on Fossil Creek Rd so we're overrun by SXS here, especially on weekends. My friends all have them and they drive like d!46s too. I was going to buy a Smart Fortwo and do the Lil Big Smart kit but I picked up this second Rubicon for the same price I was going to spend on that. I kinda wanted to roll up in my Smart car and laugh at the SXSs though....

They're a big problem in CO too. They rip thru the trails at full speed pissing everybody off. I've seen tracks like that in alpine tundra areas (real sensitive habitat), but they don't care. Look at this shot and around the pond, you can see the narrow tire tracks all around it where someone or a group just had to ruin it.
20200809_195355.jpg

This was a restoration project I was on near Breckenridge last year. Fabric blanket all around clearly staked, freshly seeded/mulched, construction equipment all around, but they thought they'd discovered a race track or something.

20211018_151745.jpg

20211018_151859.jpg

20211018_151823.jpg

20211018_151934.jpg

On another project I was on last week, remote part of CO in a real small town, there is Schofield Pass. Emergency services just flooded the town and I found out later that a SxS with three people had wrecked and the driver died. They contributed the wreck to "excessive speed".

I think it was two years ago now we were running Holy Cross and there was a belligerent group all drinking and playing loud music on the trail. They were trying to complete an obstacle when they finally rolled, which pinned the arm of the female passenger between their SxS and a rock, she suffered a broken arm.

Last edited:
This guy kept banging the rocks, backing up, gunning it, and digging holes, until he rolled and they winched him up.

If in doubt go faster, right.

They didn't spill their drinks when they rolled. Tilted the cans.

20230506_151302.jpg

Non street legal vehicles were banded from our local mountains back in the 80s because of all the knuckle heads on rented 3 wheelers. The problem is once one ahole makes tracks all the others follow. Bought my first Wrangler so I could go into my local mountains. I’m blessed that in 15 min I’m off road. Wife and I took a trip up to Big Bear Thur and never came across another vehicle until we came over the last ridge and ran into all the mountain bikers.

Years ago, my Wife and I were going up Clarks Grade from Seven Oaks. I was doing my part to stay to the right going around a blind left hand curve but the mtn. biker coming down hill didn't heed his part to stay to the right, laid it down and ended up almost sliding under my Jeep. After the ridge on the BB side, several near misses with them coming up behind me. They gotta remember that I'm on a street legal dirt road and I'm not on their bike only trail.

Yes I’ve had a few run ins with them on hikes also. Back in the mid nineties when Sugar Loaf Truck Trail was open when we came down into Moonridge my son and I found ourselves in the middle of a mt bike race. Boy did we get some strange looks when we crossed the finish line.

Yes I’ve had a few run ins with them on hikes also. Back in the mid nineties when Sugar Loaf Truck Trail was open when we came down into Moonridge my son and I found ourselves in the middle of a mt bike race. Boy did we get some strange looks when we crossed the finish line.

If you self identified as a bicyclist you would have won!