Syked ECU software issues

Declan McPherson

Upon start up of SET sorftware I am recieving an error message saying "Activation failed Error 1653 please contact customer support". Has anyone else ran into this issue? Where you able to get it fixed? I don't run the software that often just when I am trying to fiddle with some of my 00 TJ programming. However right now I am trying to help a friend out on his tj. Then I have been aware of the lawsuit between Syked and HP and I assume that is why Syked's website is always "Under Maintenance" and has pretty much dropped off the grid.

Upon start up of SET sorftware I am recieving an error message saying "Activation failed Error 1653 please contact customer support". Has anyone else ran into this issue? Where you able to get it fixed? I don't run the software that often just when I am trying to fiddle with some of my 00 TJ programming. However right now I am trying to help a friend out on his tj. Then I have been aware of the lawsuit between Syked and HP and I assume that is why Syked's website is always "Under Maintenance" and has pretty much dropped off the grid.

Iirc their software has a timer built into it that times out after a month or so requiring you to call and get another code. One of the several reasons I stopped using them.

Iirc their software has a timer built into it that times out after a month or so requiring you to call and get another code. One of the several reasons I stopped using them.
That's interesting. I have had the software for about 4 years and have never ran into this. Also how are you supposed to get another code if there isn't anyone to call and even if there was. There is no way of inputing it withought unistalling and reinstalling. Once I close the prompt the entire program shuts down.

Reactions: Brianj5600