Taking a knee conversations

The desire to separate and compartmentalize seemingly conflicting aspects of life. It doesn't always work out that way even when there might be rules in place that attempt to make that happen.

Did you serve in the military or ever been employed in an industry with clear cut defined rules and regulations with penalties for non adherence?

You mean like someone that spreads evil and is always recruiting to perform same, yet claims to be a Liberal Conspirator?

No, I don't mean that at all; I meant exactly what I said, no more and no less, and with no connection to any personal definition of a moral abstract or political ideology.

Did you serve in the military or ever been employed in an industry with clear cut defined rules and regulations with penalties for non adherence?

Fortunately, I have never worked anywhere where 100% compliance with the handbook was a realistic expectation. No one had the time for that. I will say that I have been on both ends of arguably inconsistent enforcement of the rules. And it is sometimes unfair when it happens.

Fortunately, I have never worked anywhere where 100% compliance with the handbook was a realistic expectation. No one had the time for that. I will say that I have been on both ends of arguably inconsistent enforcement of the rules. And it is sometimes unfair when it happens.

Not being a smart ass but there are valid reasons for strict compliance in certain industries where failure is not an option or the consequences of non adherence could impact the health and safety of the public. I've had my share of inconsistent enforcement of the rules largely because I refused to kiss anyone's ass and refused to be silenced when certain individuals were given special treatment. Never compromised my core beliefs, sold out and never will.

Making the rounds.jpg

Are you telling me that Brown was not the gentle gian

You mean to tell me that Brown was not the Gentle Giant they tried to portray? Of course I am being sarcastic. Brown chose his fate. Had he complied with a lawful order he would still be alive. Trying to wrestle the officer's sidearm from him justified the use of deadly force.
I had the opportunity to read a lot of posts from a guy who we knew as pragmatic, very straight forward and not given to embellishments. His day by day reports of what was actually going on, what the evidence was, and what type of person Brown was had exactly nothing to do with what the media showed. The info about the protesters, paid ones, the organization of them and by whom, where they were supposed to go, how they were supposed act in order to show the best of them protesting was just bizarre to me. There is a very concerted effort to direct the narrative by some folks and I don't believe it is our best interests.

Not being a smart ass but there are valid reasons for strict compliance in certain industries where failure is not an option or the consequences of non adherence could impact the health and safety of the public.

Absolutely. Modern life as we know it cannot exist without strict compliance in certain industries. At the risk of being a smart ass, it amuses me that football could be lumped into those types of industries where compliance and discipline are crucial.

I've had my share of inconsistent enforcement of the rules largely because I refused to kiss anyone's ass and refused to be silenced when certain individuals were given special treatment. Never compromised my core beliefs, sold out and never will.

One of the easiest and hardest parts of management is maintaining fairness.

Did anyone bring up that BLM is an intersectional movement, begun by three black women, two of whom were queer
At the risk of being a smart ass, it amuses me that football could be lumped into those types of industries where compliance and discipline are crucial.
The only reason football is lumped in is because the players are highly public figures, which, by nature, are extremely influential, and thereby possibly hazardous.

Does anyone think the issue is larger than black lives matter and really has to do with a form of social justice (or injustice (perceived))?

Did anyone bring up that BLM is an intersectional movement, begun by three black women, two of whom were queer
Why do those three details matter?

The only reason football is lumped in is because the players are highly public figures, which, by nature, are extremely influential, and thereby possibly hazardous.

Hazardous to who or what?

Reactions: Sundowner
Yeah, I'm kind of wondering why someone being a lesbian is relevant, there... :unsure:

Lesbian couples tend to have lower household incomes because both partners are likely to make less money for the same work than a gay male couple might. Presumably there is an awareness of inequality that carries over into other aspects of life's inequities.

Reactions: Equilibrium31
Not to put too fine a point on it but a significant inequality in that relationship is the absence of a dick and there is more than one way to take that. ;)

One can never bring too many swords to sword fight. I think that's how this works. I might be confused.

• Haha
Reactions: Equilibrium31
Lesbian couples tend to have lower household incomes because both partners are likely to make less money for the same work than a gay male couple might. Presumably there is an awareness of inequality that carries over into other aspects of life's inequities.

Interesting point; it's a double-pane glass ceiling. The R-value must be impressive.

Reactions: jjvw