Taking a knee conversations

Absolutely. Modern life as we know it cannot exist without strict compliance in certain industries. At the risk of being a smart ass, it amuses me that football could be lumped into those types of industries where compliance and discipline are crucial.

One of the easiest and hardest parts of management is maintaining fairness.

Regardless, when you are employed you have a responsibility to abide by the terms of your employment. If part of that contract specifies you adhere to certain rules, you are not excused simply because you are a highly paid athlete. We have a whole culture of people who have been raised to believe they are above the rules the rest of us mere mortals must follow on a daily basis. This same culture then rewards those who break these rules by assigning a special status to them as though they are courageous heroes on the forefront of social justice issues.

Essentially, using a wrong or impropriety as justification to ignore or condone a separate wrong or impropriety is the mark of a fool. Put succinctly, two wrongs don't make a right. That and there is the obvious, if the NFL is indeed in violation of the flag code, they are not doing it in protest of socially perceived injustice. It is also their venue and they have right to treat it as they see fit. If enough folks are in disagreement to turn their money elsewhere, the violations will stop.

I was just asking for a friend.

Seriously, this is another one of those threads that just fascinates me. Name-calling, suggestion of violence against the player(s) in question, scantily-clad women, this one has it all.

Seriously, this is another one of those threads that just fascinates me. Name-calling, suggestion of violence against the player(s) in question, scantily-clad women, this one has it all.

This thread has been fairly civil. Everyone has a different opinion based on their life experiences. I don't agree with some of the opinions but I do read them to gain an understanding of how other people view a subject.

Reactions: Fixer6

Sword fighting, too!

Reactions: chino1969
[/QUOTE]
And don’t forget the music!

Reactions: jjvw
And don’t forget the music!
[/QUOTE]

Speaking of violence against the players I remember the call for dead cops on the heels of some of these shootings, before all the evidence was in. Immediately after there was a rash of police killings and shootings. I have too many friends and family who put their lives on the line every time they put that badge and uniform on to be able ignore this. Yes, there are some bad cops and shootings not justified but lumping every law enforcement officer into the same bucket as the few bad ones doesn't fascinate me. In fact it pisses me off as it does most Americans. I really don't give a flying f*** what some pampered over paid athlete, movie star, politician, etc. feel is a worthy cause because they are just tools of those who seek to destroy us from within..

Reactions: Fixer6

Throwing in a kitchen sink. *NOW* it has everything!
1567191440556.png

I really don't give a flying f*** what some pampered over paid athlete, movie star, politician, etc. feel is a worthy cause because they are just tools of those who seek to destroy us from within..

I've been thinking on this for a bit...and I have a question: who are you talking about in that last clause?

We Americans unfortunately choose to give these frivolous athletes, no talent social media ‘stars’, entertainers and politicians their influence with our dollars by buying their products and attending their events and of course with our social media attention. They certainly don't want to destroy the very thing that gives them the power and attention [read addiction] that they crave but at least to me they seem to have a negative effect on the perceived ‘American’ moral norm. Guess that’s what he means unless he’s referring to SPECTRE, the Russians/Chinese or the Illuminati. Don’t know who said it but I recall the quote ‘we have met the enemy and he is us.’

Last edited:
We Americans unfortunately choose to give these frivolous athletes, no talent social media ‘stars’, entertainers and politicians their influence with our dollars by buying their products and attending their events and of course with our social media attention. They certainly don't want to destroy the very thing that gives them the power and attention that they crave but at least to me they seem to have a negative effect on the perceived ‘American’ moral norm. Guess that’s what he means unless he’s referring to SPECTRE, the Russians/Chinese or the Illuminati. Don’t know who said it but I recall the quote ‘we have met the enemy and he is us.’

What's the perceived American moral norm?

Also: Walt Kelly said that, in parody of a similar statement from Oliver Perry.

The ‘perceived’ American norm imo would be heterosexual, Christian, married, 2.5 kids, homeowner, employed, educated, moral implies honest, faithful, fair, not a bigot or racist. But in reality American society is very diverse with many facets and many ‘norms’.

The ‘perceived’ American norm imo would be heterosexual, Christian, married, 2.5 kids, homeowner, employed, educated, moral implies honest, faithful, fair, not a bigot or racist. But in reality American society is very diverse with many facets and many ‘norms’.

I would be interested to see what percentage of US citizens hit all - or even most - of the marks you listed that are actual demographics.