Talk me into or out of these Savvy Control Arms

No you were spot on!

200.gif

Thank you all. He offered $900 for the arms and a currie rear track bar (which I also need). That sounds fair enough to me since both new would set me back about $1,900. And I don't mind a project day especially when it's something I can't fuck up too badly. So I will pick them up and do any necessary joint rebuilding. I appreciate the help!

FYI, minutes ago I did a write up on a cheap fix for worn out JJ races. Just for you!

Thread 'How to Rejuvenate a Worn Out Johnny Joint' https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/how-to-rejuvenate-a-worn-out-johnny-joint.63740/

Make sure the adjustment parts aren't seized up, stripped, etc. Otherwise, good deal. You'll want to get the tools to at least inspect and grease them.

Reactions: reddvltj
$800 is no deal if all the joints need a rebuild. It's likely only one or two need parts and the rest need cleaning so you'd save s few bucks. If you aren't in a rush and shop around you can probably find better deals on JJ adjustables if you aren't picky. If you like the aluminum arms then go for it, recycling at it's finest.

$800 is no deal if all the joints need a rebuild. It's likely only one or two need parts and the rest need cleaning so you'd save s few bucks. If you aren't in a rush and shop around you can probably find better deals on JJ adjustables if you aren't picky. If you like the aluminum arms then go for it, recycling at it's finest.

Ummmm, thank you for bringing this thread back from….uhhhj. Whatever that was.

And you’ve added a dimension to my 05 TeJas! It’s riding on beer cans, I like it!

Reactions: pagrey

He got the control arms and rear track bar for 900. That’s a steal if you ask me. Rebuild kits or a few washers to tighten up the joints is no biggie.

I like my soda can arms
38F71AA4-0C2C-4885-82C3-FA5E2020CD84.jpeg