TAN—Thread About Nothing

Picked up my 96 F150 from the paint shop last Fri. Took advantage of the downturn in business due to the virus. They did an outstanding job.

1591107032438.png

1591107062193.png

I'm sure everyone knows by now, but we're moving from Oregon to our new home in Arizona on Saturday, so I'm packing everything up and getting things in order for the move. Cars are being picked up and shipped tomorrow.
It's a day and night difference for almost everything. No more underbelly rust concerns for sure!
For the kids to get used of the dusts, bugs and ants.

Last edited:
Reactions: Chris
My 7 year old son's attitude finally reached it's pinnacle the other day so I ruined his life. All electronics have been taken away, the only thing that he can watch on TV is whatever me & mom have on (pretty much local news & business shows), and I told his friends to stop coming by. He's allowed to read books, sit on the couch being bored, or do chores. We're currently on day 3 of him earning back his life.

I made him mow the lawn yesterday just because I knew it would be miserable for him. The grass looked like it lost a bet, but I didn't mind having to redo it because watching him struggle & hate life for an hour was worth it.

Ya'll are up to some cool shit. @jeepins that paint came out clean.

I've been flying my new drone a bit lately, I got a mavic mini for my birthday.
1591108559848.png

It's pretty cool what drones are capable of, even entry level ones like I've got. That's across the street and river from my house and about 800' up a hill. My house would be just out of frame on the left.

Last edited:
Started a couple weeks ago, hoping to get back to it this week--but I am refinishing our kitchen table. The finish on it was becoming sticky no matter how hard we cleaned it. Still have 4 chairs to do and the 4 legs.
20200524_133418.jpg

Is it maple? Are you going to stain or dye it? I haven't done a table top but I've done cabinets with Arm R Seal and minwax wipe on poly, they seem to be pretty equal in quality and color to me. I really like wiping on the thin coats if you don't have an HVLP setup.

My 7 year old son's attitude finally reached it's pinnacle the other day so I ruined his life. All electronics have been taken away, the only thing that he can watch on TV is whatever me & mom have on (pretty much local news & business shows), and I told his friends to stop coming by. He's allowed to read books, sit on the couch being bored, or do chores. We're currently on day 3 of him earning back his life.

I made him mow the lawn yesterday just because I knew it would be miserable for him. The grass looked like it lost a bet, but I didn't mind having to redo it because watching him struggle & hate life for an hour was worth it.

Oh, you have one of those 7 years olds too? Our oldest is 7, and she has so much attitude and so much drama, I took away all her electronics as well. I basically did exactly what you did and told her she's going to have to earn it back.

Is it maple? Are you going to stain or dye it? I haven't done a table top but I've done cabinets with Arm R Seal and minwax wipe on poly, they seem to be pretty equal in quality and color to me. I really like wiping on the thin coats if you don't have an HVLP setup.

Maple. Right now we have a can of jacobean stain/poly mix. Should match our flooring very close.

Reactions: xxdabroxx
Oh, you have one of those 7 years olds too? Our oldest is 7, and she has so much attitude and so much drama, I took away all her electronics as well. I basically did exactly what you did and told her she's going to have to earn it back.

Yeah that's the route I took. Today he woke up & without any prompting he grabbed a bottle of windex & started wiping windows lol. I think he got the message.

After one day of no iPads, video games, or TV he said last night "this couldn't get any worse!". I told him before bed that I will take away his mattress & make him sleep on the floor, lock the basement door so he can't get to any of his toys, & make him ask permission to sit on a piece of furniture if he doesn't get his act together.

Yeah that's the route I took. Today he woke up & without any prompting he grabbed a bottle of windex & started wiping windows lol. I think he got the message.

After one day of no iPads, video games, or TV he said last night "this couldn't get any worse!". I told him before bed that I will take away his mattress & make him sleep on the floor, lock the basement door so he can't get to any of his toys, & make him ask permission to sit on a piece of furniture if he doesn't get his act together.
Good on ya. A little fear and a lot of respect for your parents is a good thing.

Reactions: Daryl
I've heard similar comments, that CL is dead, about motorcycles and parts for sale. I've read that Facebook marketplace is picking up the slack.
I have been a long time CL seller/buyer for car parts. It definitely does not get the traffic it used too. I had to learn FB marketplace because that's where everyone is looking these days...

Reactions: Hog
When you go out to eat & split a check, do you coordinate the tip amount?

That can be a tough one. I usually try and leave as much tip as I normally would based on the cost of my food or 50% of the check. There are people that don't tip though and then that makes it look like you're the asshole if they get a small tip on a big bill if the other party doesn't pay to play.

Reactions: Hog