Texas Texas Jeepers!

Capital Idea @JMT, Hill Country Wheelers gets my vote :)

X2 on the weather, if it turns bad i may just do what ive done before, remove the passenger seat and sleep in the Jeep! :)

A champion idea, @JMT, on forming the "Hill Country Wheelers" group.

May I suggest for consideration, (2) possible means by which to qualify for membership (i.e., initiation):

1) Successfully negotiate a Level-5 climb at Hidden Falls - blindfolded - and while blasting "Beastie Boys" on one's sound system.

Or, alternately...

2) Present the group with a shrubbery--and a felled tree--felled with a herring (video of such, below):

Reactions: Blackout
Did some wheeling yesterday at the local park. Met up with 2 new forum members for a great time, both have superb Jeeps! I have some video clips posted below of the day.

Here is some video footage of @Bob in Texas in action. He has a green LJ with a 3.5" MC SL sitting on 33s. Bob was definitely ready to test his Jeep out.

Here is some video footage of @Jeepers-N-Creepers in action. He has a khaki TJ with 4.5" Teraflex SL sitting on 35s. I ran a few lighter trails for David due to a back issue he is currently dealing with.

Here is some video of me making our way back down from Wildcat Mountain.

Had a great time with both you guys and can't wait to do it again!

Did some wheeling yesterday at the local park. Met up with 2 new forum members for a great time, both have superb Jeeps! I have some video clips posted below of the day.

Here is some video footage of @Bob in Texas in action. He has a green LJ with a 3.5" MC SL sitting on 33s. Bob was definitely ready to test his Jeep out.

Here is some video footage of @Jeepers-N-Creepers in action. He has a khaki TJ with 4.5" Teraflex SL sitting on 35s. I ran a few lighter trails for David due to a back issue he is currently dealing with.

Here is some video of me making our way back down from Wildcat Mountain.

Had a great time with both you guys and can't wait to do it again!

Excellent footage there, b0xcar:) Thanks for posting.

And, thank you for leading the way, on-point, for us newbies to the park.

A Kentucky native, I never thought I'd meet with the same degree of down-home hospitality--until I moved to Texas. It was remarkable how fellow dirt-diggers just came out of the woodwork to say "Howdy."

Y'all have some right-nice TJ's, and it was an honor to share the trails.

@Bob in Texas i think we're looking at this Sat, Dec 1 for our next wheelin trip.
Do u have a pic of your jeep?
I don't think Bob in Texas will be making it this weekend.

We definitely need to find out who is joining us for this trip. Depending on the weather, JMT mentioned camping on Friday. I won't be able to camp, but I can come out on Friday for a few hours after work.

Are you in or out?

@b0xcar - In
@JMT - In
@KCsTJ - ?
@Blackoutt - ?
@Kyle_W - ?
@Jeepers-N-Creepers - ?
@Bob in Texas - In

Any other Texas member that is lurking and would like to join us?

Last edited:
Nope not yet, still diagnosing... i like your suggestion of using a camera for the dry steering test, will try that today.
Im also going to switch front wheels from the 97 to the 05, that should tell me something.
So you are having a little trouble with the 05? Hope you get it worked out. Do you think you will make it this weekend if you can't get it solved?

So you are having a little trouble with the 05? Hope you get it worked out. Do you think you will make it this weekend if you can't get it solved?
Yeah i hit a little pothole @ 50mph and the front wheels got wobbly. Now theres a front wheel shimmy.
I hope to make it, i have some time this week to try a couple things

Reactions: b0xcar
My rig

4BBDECD4-0255-437A-AE3F-5634967514AA.png

E0F666EF-0D64-45F2-B08C-3F67CA8EE8B1.png

A3559852-4AC3-4E12-A4C7-44C57085B653.png

You guys know I'm all IN baby! Weather looks fantastic. I tried a new ground for my CB, I'll try to test that this week. Also, my driver's inside latch release isn't working, so I ordered the tool to remove the window crank and will get to work on it by Friday. I hope its something simple. Right now I have to roll down the window to open the door. Arghhh...

Reactions: KCsTJ