Texas Texas Jeepers!

Always a good time for sure. Miss wheeling with you dude.
Me 2. I finally met some good guys. Not like you, but nice guys. Looks like I’m going to have to build bigger. 🤣

I always had a hunch you would go bigger! Don't do it!

You're current build is great... put the next cash flow towards another TJ for the boys.
You might be right! I will seriously think about that. It has crossed my mind...They are starting to drive next year. I think you are right. I will just buy a new stock fender for $86+ shipping + paint supplies, and call it a day. See how I thought through that with you old buddy! Thanks!

Reactions: b0xcar
Looks like we may be looking at the 8th. If that doesn't work for you then we can do the 14th. We just put a couple dates out there to try and get a few more out.

Does the 8th work for you @Wade H?

@Kris M, @Bob in Texas and myself can wheel which ever date works best for you guys.
I'd rather the 8th.
I'm planning on going up Saturday afternoon.

Now that’s a claim which I will have to investigate.
Just got back a little while ago (OK, it's been almost 2 hours). Had an absolute blast and was amazed at the variety of terrain out at Wolfe Caves. A big, big thanks to b0xcar and Bob for some excellent spotting.

We all got to do some pretty gnarly climbs and descents and I learned quite a lot about controlling my manual tranny Jeep on uphill climbs. I was also the only one who held up the parade for a while with a "break down" when I got my passenger front tire up against a rock just right, and popped the bead 🤡. After a short bit of maneuvering to back into a flatter spot, the uh-oh squad was called out and, in a flurry of activity, in which my only part was to hold the lug nuts, my TJ was jacked up (with the baddest floor-jack-on-wheels I've ever seen), the wheel removed, rolled down the hill, aired back up, carried back up the hill, and re-installed on the TJ! 👏 Thanks guys!
Also worth noting is the fact that I managed to decapitate one of my lug nuts somewhere on the trail...probably on the same boulder-strewn descent on which I let all the air out of my tire.

Unfortunately, I was not able to determine my opinion on Coopers BBQ because, surprisingly (to me at least), they close at 5:30 PM on Saturday. Wha? Got there at 5:41 and they was gone, gone. :confused:

Last edited:
A first-time visitors' list of the color codes assigned to the trails and obstacles at Wolfe Caves:

White: dirt road. Interconnecting roads between some trail systems. occasional turtle to tortoise sized rocks.
Green: "easy" trails. These range from rock-strewn stretches of flatness to some pretty technical (and often tight) up and down passages and winding paths. On several occasions I said to myself "and this is a green trail!". More than once, we came across a section of green trail that could easily "leave a mark".
Yellow: Ranges from "pretty damned interesting" to "pretty damned...damned". Without rock sliders, and maybe even some under armor, you risk some definite "battle damage".
Red: If you have to ask, you can't make it! These are some trails for built machines with 40"+ tires, deep, deep gears, and an experienced driver with nerves of steel (or brains of mush)...or a lot of Valium! Damage would simply be expected and armor in every direction would be mandatory.
Purple. Rock formations that roughly resemble the New York city skyline, compressed into a depth of about 20 feet total and about 30 feet in height. I don't know what kind of anti-gravity voodoo mechanoids could possibly make it up these obstacles but, more power to the wizards that can build 'em and drive 'em!

Last edited:
Jmt and I went to katemcy rocks one day and they had a xra event going on. This is what climbs up those purple sections. It’s like watching a spider crawl up a wall. Absolutely insane

A3F8EB43-74A9-4338-91E8-87850FC528C0.png

Was a great day for playing in the rocks, weather was great. Had a great group of guys, was really nice meeting up with Wade H, TIdelaney,TJ Hunnicutt, and the great guys from San Antonio! Looking forward to wheeling with y’all again soon!
4259B591-8DF0-42A8-9A57-1506894C75BA.jpeg
F013C0AB-403C-43EC-B1A5-1B67360D42A5.jpeg