Texas Texas Jeepers!

Anybody remember the name of that dog-leg obstacle that Bob and the white JLU went down? I'm editing some vid I took of their descents and wanted to call the obstacle by it's proper name, if it has one and someone knows it.

Reactions: Tldelaney
OK, I'm going to call it "The chute" and change it if corrected in the future. So, here is the White JLU heading down the chute. Lots' of post-processing on this to correct for the fact that I shot it with my old phone (not as great a camera) and no gimbal.
I wish I could remember this guy's name 'cause he was absolutely up for any challenge and was, as with the double-crack climb, first in line to take it on. And, in this case, one of only two willing to do so.
I'll work on putting Bob's run down this obstacle up tomorrow.

Anybody remember the name of that dog-leg obstacle that Bob and the white JLU went down? I'm editing some vid I took of their descents and wanted to call the obstacle by it's proper name, if it has one and someone knows it.
I dont think that trail has a name. It's just a short section of yellow. You definitely need rock sliders to run that part.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
There was talk about a HF run this Sunday?

I could be persuaded either way.
(I’m still topless) lol.
We are planning on wheeling this coming Monday. We have been looking at memberships to allow us to wheel weekdays to avoid the weekend crowds.

We've talked with the park and they only allow in person signups for memberships on both Friday/Saturday 2pm-5pm only. Really stinks if you're an out of towner!

Bob's scheduled gets pretty tight after this weekend so this could be his last run for a few weeks.

Bob, Mrs Bob, myself, Kris and his son are hoping to buy memberships this Friday or Saturday. We aren't wheeling any of those days... just signing up.

If any of you are also interested in memberships and could join us on Monday that would be great.

Hope to hear from you guys soon.

Any of yall further up north heard of Bridgeport or Barnwell mountain? if I'm not mistaking. Hidden falls is quite a drive from North Dallas.

I cannot make it on Monday.
But, I’m seriously considering the membership at HF.
Especially once the bar and grill opens up again. After Covid.

I can’t wait to make a run at HF with y’all. Maybe in late January.

Any of yall further up north heard of Bridgeport or Barnwell mountain? if I'm not mistaking. Hidden falls is quite a drive from North Dallas.
Yes i have been to both. But only once and i stayed with easy trails since my jeeps are DDs. Bridgeport has mud if u like that, both have a variety of easy to hard trails.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
I Went to Bridgeport a while ago, dry. So not much mud, mostly winding trails through the woods, less rocks. But I can see how it could be a bog if it had rained at all. I gotta find some people up here to wheel with when COVID is over.

Assuming I get my power steering pump issue sorted out (leaking like a sieve)...and I should...I'm up for either weekend. At this time of the year and budgeting for the upcoming Moab TJ Fest, I'd just as soon skip the membership to HF at this point. The last outing I made to HF with @SecondChanceTJ and the group from San Antonio, the trails were not at all overcrowded and, again, at this time of year, I would expect it to be a bit better than worse.
In short, I'm all over this weekend or next at HF.

Reactions: Tob
I'm down for next week but would prefer the weekend after. A bit chilly these past couple mornings.
Not sure it will be any warmer next week but I'd head out there this coming weekend. We could pencil it in for either Saturday or Sunday and firm it up once the weather guessers have a chance to come up with a swag.
@Wade H, you up for this coming weekend?
Wadaya think...it'd be the rookies against the rocks :cool:

Just to be clear, we'd be talkin about the weekend of the 12th and 13th.