Texas Texas Jeepers!

I picked up my membership today at Hidden Falls. Bob and I are wheeling this Monday.

I could possibly meet you guys on Saturday the 12th around 2pm (after work) or early AM Sunday. I'll follow here to see what you guys decide.

You guys should grab a membership! Just saying... 😁

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
I will also probably get a membership come January. Right now, I have to please she who must be obeyed or suffer the wrath of The Bitch That Lives Inside Her Head. 😨

Reactions: b0xcar
I’ll be obtaining a membership as well.
Does anyone know if the bunkers open during the week?

Also, is the 4lo Joe clubhouse in operation?

(Sorry for taking the thread on a side line)

I’ll be obtaining a membership as well.
Does anyone know if the bunkers open during the week?

Also, is the 4lo Joe clubhouse in operation?

(Sorry for taking the thread on a side line)
You mean bunkhouses? Doing a bit of availability-testing online, it looks like you can only rent any of their overnight accommodations, including camping, from Thursday night to Saturday night.

4Lo Joe Clubhouse appears to be open only on Friday 3:00 - 7:00 and Saturday Noon - 6:00.

I'm not sure about the bunkhouses. I'd imagine all the camping is only available during open hours. Members do get 20% off on the camping.

4lo Joe's club is currently on hold with the Covid. They have been doing upgrades inside the building. 4lo Joe's I believe is for members only as well. Feel free to stop by and check out the place if you haven't. Keith and Pauline are super nice people.

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
We used our memberships this past Monday. Had a heck of a time! Place was super quiet and very peaceful on the trails. Had the whole place to ourselves.

We took the time to run a few small trails we've never been on (Bull Run, Test Tube and U-Joint Buster).

They have moved the air station to area B now and have 3X the air stations. There shouldn't be much/if any waiting on air now.

Are you guys still trying to wheel this weekend at HF?

We used our memberships this past Monday. Had a heck of a time! Place was super quiet and very peaceful on the trails. Had the whole place to ourselves.

We took the time to run a few small trails we've never been on (Bull Run, Test Tube and U-Joint Buster).

They have moved the air station to area B now and have 3X the air stations. There shouldn't be much/if any waiting on air now.

Are you guys still trying to wheel this weekend at HF?
Cool deal on the air station; they just keep upping their game out there at HF. We do, of course, need pics/vids from your ride if ya got 'em. 🎬📽️

I am, absolutely up for a ride this weekend!
The local weather liars are saying it should be sunny and mid 60's Saturday and Sunday. Since you can make it a full day on Sunday, I'd rather go then.
@Wade H and @Tldelaney, what do you guys think? How can you pass up an opportunity to ride HF with a master spotter like b0xcar?

Cool deal on the air station; they just keep upping their game out there at HF. We do, of course, need pics/vids from your ride if ya got 'em. 🎬📽️

The local weather liars are saying it should be sunny and mid 60's Saturday and Sunday. Since you can make it a full day on Sunday, I'd rather go then.
@Wade H and @Tldelaney, what do you guys think? How can you pass up an opportunity to ride HF with a master spotter like b0xcar?
We were basically ripping through trails. We didn't do much video. I only recall one video session on U-Joint Buster that Mrs. Bob had taken. U-Joint Buster is pretty darn intimidating from the bottom looking up.

I have created a thread dedicated to Texas ride videos and photos https://wranglertjforum.com/threads/texas-ride-pics-and-videos.44048/.

I figured it might be more popular with the non-Texas crowd (poor souls) and would also allow us to put up our vids/pics without "cluttering" this thread.

If you have videos or photos from rides in Texas, please add to this thread!

Last edited:
You mean bunkhouses? Doing a bit of availability-testing online, it looks like you can only rent any of their overnight accommodations, including camping, from Thursday night to Saturday night.

4Lo Joe Clubhouse appears to be open only on Friday 3:00 - 7:00 and Saturday Noon - 6:00.
thanks!

still have a leaking steering box. Have to find another mechanic. I’m out for this weekend.

Sounds good Delaney. We will be out there.

My sliders finally got delivered today. I won't have the time to get them installed before Sunday.

Yes, I'm still interested in the flares.
Fortunately, HF is, as you put it, more forgiving...and I don't recall having scars on my sliders from HF except one time when I came down a bit hard on one side. Now, Wolf Caves definitely "left some marks" I had to hit with a bit of paint 😬

@Tldelaney, HF is way "softer" than Wolf. Do consider coming out even if you don't have time to get the sliders on.

Looking forward to Sunday!