Texas Texas Jeepers!

Hey guys how y’all doing! I’ve been out of commission for a while, got me a brand new joint. Finished up rehab yesterday. Wade I probably won’t be able to make the Saturday run but I’ll be ready to get back to doing stuff in the next week or two. We did a Monday run back in early December after we got our membership at HF and it was great, basically had the place to ourselves it was a very pleasant trip. Looking forward to seeing y’all in the next couple of weeks!

Thanks Wade, looking forward to getting back out. Maybe we can put something together soon! I’m really ready for an outing.

Hey guys how y’all doing! I’ve been out of commission for a while, got me a brand new joint. Finished up rehab yesterday. Wade I probably won’t be able to make the Saturday run but I’ll be ready to get back to doing stuff in the next week or two. We did a Monday run back in early December after we got our membership at HF and it was great, basically had the place to ourselves it was a very pleasant trip. Looking forward to seeing y’all in the next couple of weeks!
Already done with rehab? Awesome! Looking forward to seein' you on the trails again!

Reactions: Bob in Texas
Wish I were there for a run with you guys. Would be fun to see what my rig is up to now with all the other mods. 😎 Y’all have fun tearing it up!

Wish I were there for a run with you guys. Would be fun to see what my rig is up to now with all the other mods. 😎 Y’all have fun tearing it up!
Hey J, wish y’all were here also! We be missing you guys. Looks like you’re doing some great mods to your rig, looks like you’re gonna be in 35s before too long! Tell the family ol’Bob says hey.🤠

Reactions: JMT
Hey J, wish y’all were here also! We be missing you guys. Looks like you’re doing some great mods to your rig, looks like you’re gonna be in 35s before too long! Tell the family ol’Bob says hey.🤠
I’ll just stay on 33’s. 😉 Keeps things interesting. Will do on the hello! Bless you!

Reactions: Bob in Texas
My son and I had a lot of fun at Hidden Falls. We were able to traverse trails we'd never be able to do without the support of other jeepers. Looking at you TJ Hunnicut!

We did push our little, old, ugly rig a little hard and had some minor damage... Oh well.. Now we get to get new stuff to install !!
(we only partially tore the fender flare off on the trail, but it had to be fully removed to continue)

Looking forward to the next ride!

63441461436__AAF1EC57-529E-4469-BBF4-93F346E39023.jpg
63441459157__21BB5D30-AEB0-43BB-9AAB-5761DBE09B57.jpg

It was two and a half blasts riding with you and the SA gang! Glad you and the little guy made it out and asked me to join in!

Sorry about the flare but they're a lot cheaper than other things that could have gone boom ;)

Last edited:
It was two and a half blasts riding with you and the SA gang! Glad you and the little guy made it out and asked me to join in!

Sorry about the flare but they're a lot cheaper than other things that could have gone boom ;)
We had several "BOOMS". But, turns out it was just rocks hitting my skid plate, shock mounts, tail pipe, chassis, differentials, (you get the picture). LOL!! :ROFLMAO: My Son said we should name our Jeep.... "K-BLAM" !!

I know a lot of Texas families have been dealing with a lot of issues during this storm.

We had rolling blackouts and now have to boil water.... but we have water pressure.

We now have had electricity for 18 hours and hot showers.

If anyone needs a hot shower and a hot meal, let me know. (If you can safely make it here)

Since I have "Insignificant Privileges" to post a thread on the "Resources" forum.. I'll ask here.
(I'm not sure what that's all about)

Anyway, I'm looking for rocker guards, sliders, armor... etc.

I like this style... But, I want a pair that will hold up to Wolf Caves.... LOL.
These seem a little light weight. Maybe not?

Let me know what you have, like and see. Trying to keep it under $300.
Feel free to message me if ya'll don't want to hijack this thread for a parts discussion.

Thanks!
W

1614745301160.png

Since I have "Insignificant Privileges" to post a thread on the "Resources" forum.. I'll ask here.
(I'm not sure what that's all about)

Anyway, I'm looking for rocker guards, sliders, armor... etc.

I like this style... But, I want a pair that will hold up to Wolf Caves.... LOL.
These seem a little light weight. Maybe not?

Let me know what you have, like and see. Trying to keep it under $300.
Feel free to message me if ya'll don't want to hijack this thread for a parts discussion.

Thanks!
W

View attachment 230809

Hey Wade, A great alternative to Savvy sliders that are frame mounted would be the Rockhard sliders with ($350) or without side step tube. Without puts you at $300 plus tax. I believe they would handle wolf caves just fine.

This is the low rise slider version that doesn't extend as high as their patriot series (more money).

https://www.quadratec.com/products/...m_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organicshopping

Those look like a great solution. The only issue I have is that my rockers have already been mangled.
That style will not fit correctly unless I spend a lot of money on bodywork.
I need something that mounts to the chassis and body bolts, I think.?

If I had smooth rocker panels, I'd give those a very hard look and probably buy them.
They look awesome and give maximum clearances.
Thanks, man!

Those look like a great solution. The only issue I have is that my rockers have already been mangled.
That style will not fit correctly unless I spend a lot of money on bodywork.
I need something that mounts to the chassis and body bolts, I think.?

If I had smooth rocker panels, I'd give those a very hard look and probably buy them.
They look awesome and give maximum clearances.
Thanks, man!
True! Then i would look at something like this.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000NP1PPG/?tag=wranglerorg-20

I believe they have been mentioned a couple times before by some members.