Texas Texas Jeepers!

I'm in! The "new" steering gearbox fixed the problem! On my way to return the core and get an extended gas hose, my hope that the OE would work with the 1" body lift was not to be :(
See you guys in the AM!

Reactions: Tldelaney
Can someone give me the rundown on hidden falls and wolf caves? I'd like to do a trip soon with my friend from West Texas that has a TJ.

What are both like and how are the trails? Which do you prefer? Is it just a show up, pay the fee and go type of deal? Is there anywhere to camp for a overnight trip or just hotels or what are the options?

Can someone give me the rundown on hidden falls and wolf caves? I'd like to do a trip soon with my friend from West Texas that has a TJ.

What are both like and how are the trails? Which do you prefer? Is it just a show up, pay the fee and go type of deal? Is there anywhere to camp for a overnight trip or just hotels or what are the options?
Hidden Falls <== (more info)

Over 2000 acres, biggest offroad park in Texas. Trails of all skill levels rated 1 through 5. Located in the heart of the Hill Country. You will be wheeling in creek beds/up hills with limestone ledges. Wheel during the day or at night, off trails by midnight. Camping is available but you basically pay for 2 days of wheeling (day of and after). 1day $25 driver $15 passengers, 2 day $45 driver $20 passengers, 3 day $55 driver $25 passengers. They also have bunk houses you can stay in if you want to spend the money. They have a food truck or two on site as well as a general store. Show up, sign a waiver and you're ready to hit the trails.

Wolf Caves <== (more info)

Over 400 acres of granite trails. This will be the toughest place to wheel in the state. Granite is not forgiving at all. You will more than likely be leaving with some sort of trail damage. With that said... this place is a blast and you will definitely be challenged. 6 different trail ratings - white main trail, blue easy, green moderate, yellow difficult, red extreme, purple super extreme. You more than likely will not be wheeling anything past green here. Yellow and up require heavily modified rigs. You could get through some yellow with good spotting. They have campsites available and bunk houses. Bring food or you can make a 10 mile trip from the park to Mason to grab a bite to eat (they might have a restaurant or two?). $60 driver $20 passengers for the weekend, any other day is $40 driver $15 passengers. Call ahead if you plan to wheel any other day than Friday, Saturday or Sunday... they should let you in if they know you will be coming. Show up, sign a waiver and you're ready to wheel.

If you plan something in advance and would like some company just post here. We'd love to join if we can make it.

Hidden Falls <== (more info)

Over 2000 acres, biggest offroad park in Texas. Trails of all skill levels rated 1 through 5. Located in the heart of the Hill Country. You will be wheeling in creek beds/up hills with limestone ledges. Wheel during the day or at night, off trails by midnight. Camping is available but you basically pay for 2 days of wheeling (day of and after). 1day $25 driver $15 passengers, 2 day $45 driver $20 passengers, 3 day $55 driver $25 passengers. They also have bunk houses you can stay in if you want to spend the money. They have a food truck or two on site as well as a general store. Show up, sign a waiver and you're ready to hit the trails.

Wolf Caves <== (more info)

Over 400 acres of granite trails. This will be the toughest place to wheel in the state. Granite is not forgiving at all. You will more than likely be leaving with some sort of trail damage. With that said... this place is a blast and you will definitely be challenged. 6 different trail ratings - white main trail, blue easy, green moderate, yellow difficult, red extreme, purple super extreme. You more than likely will not be wheeling anything past green here. Yellow and up require heavily modified rigs. You could get through some yellow with good spotting. They have campsites available and bunk houses. Bring food or you can make a 10 mile trip from the park to Mason to grab a bite to eat (they might have a restaurant or two?). $60 driver $20 passengers for the weekend, any other day is $40 driver $15 passengers. Call ahead if you plan to wheel any other day than Friday, Saturday or Sunday... they should let you in if they know you will be coming. Show up, sign a waiver and you're ready to wheel.

If you plan something in advance and would like some company just post here. We'd love to join if we can make it.
Thanks for the info, very helpful!

Alright, yeah we'll have to try figure something out. Both of us have pretty busy schedules usually so just finally have to plan something and do it.

It's about a 3.5hr drive to that area for me and 5.5hrs for him.