The cleanest YJ I've ever seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Administrator
Staff Member
Ride of the Month Winner
This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
This YJ was on "Barn Finds" today and they passed it on from craigslist. The garage in the background has been used for a few listings that I've seen. The last one I saw was for very nice MJ which I think was a Pioneer model. He was asking about $22,000 which in my opinion was over priced. This one is definitely that.

Just a question on the seats; are they original? I would say so if this YJ really has the stated low mileage but I don't think I've seen those before.

From Barn Finds ... with the usual reader comments ...
https://barnfinds.com/4000-original...tm_medium=email&utm_source=Newsletter+(Daily)

I saw this and was surprised it was reserve not met. BaT is getting really shady these days, ever since it was taken over by a large company and then flooded with dealers and car flippers.

I am still pissed about this flipper. This is a great buy for an end buyer at $29k, but this dbag drove the auction price up and is trying to flip for a lot more. He bought this 3000 GT for $31k and immediately through on Autotrader for $38k, I think it is down to $36k now.

https://bringatrailer.com/listing/1995-mitsubishi-3000gt-vr4-3/
Screenshot_20201026-161021.jpg

• Angry
Reactions: Chris
If I was rich I'd buy it just for the nostalgia. My first Jeep was a 94 YJ that was college girl stock like this one when I was 16. That thing sucked ass off road stock. I had to beg my dad to let me help buy it used in around 1998 so it was in pretty good shape like that. I swear it would lift a tire if you flexed it out on a curb stock.

And mine was 3.07's open diff's til I bought a lunch box locker for the Dana 35..........

Reactions: skrelnik
What is it like to drive a YJ? Ive always wondered. 4 corner leaf springs sounds like walking uphill both ways to school in the snow even during summer.

• Haha
Reactions: Nickgsjeep
Looks like a collector type vehicle for sure. But the price seems a little steep.

I always like looking at old iron in like new condition!😸

What is it like to drive a YJ? Ive always wondered. 4 corner leaf springs sounds like walking uphill both ways to school in the snow even during summer.
Its breathtaking, at least sometimes when you hit the right bumps.
Careful now, it almost sounds like you’re suggesting springs contribute to ride quality, and that’s heresy according to the forum elite 😉

Having owned both, my stock TJ rode like a Cadillac compared to my stock YJ.

A friend had 2 different leaf spring Jeeps and I didn’t like the ride at all. Way too stiff and bouncy.

That’s why I got a coil spring Jeep after my K5.

Seemed like the leaf spring Jeeps didn’t have enough weight to make the suspension work smoothly.
Or the ones I rode in had super stiff shocks!o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.