Florida The move to Florida is on!

I have good memories of canoeing down the Wekiva River. I grew up in Altamonte Springs. UCF graduate.

We live in Oviedo and we just took the kids kayaking down a spring fed river at Kelly Park (same area as Wekiva) and it was incredible. Definitely one of the most memorable things we have done as a family in a long time!!

59097146-E088-4586-ACC0-A9B03BB52899.jpeg

0E885489-36EB-411A-B98F-A9E59635915D.jpeg

We live in Oviedo and we just took the kids kayaking down a spring fed river at Kelly Park (same area as Wekiva) and it was incredible. Definitely one of the most memorable things we have done as a family in a long time!!

View attachment 335334

View attachment 335338

That looks nice. I wouldn't want to do it on a sunny day, myself. I try to stay out of the sun as much as I can.

So pissed off at this lol. I applied for my Florida Concealed Carry card 3-4 weeks ago and twice I received a message notifying me that my electronically scanned fingerprints that were taken once then again 2 weeks later were both rejected for poor quality.

I'm used to having poor fingerprint quality, I barely have any fingerprints. I guess from years working with HOT vacuum tubes in electronic gear that constantly scorched my fingertips. Before my Florida CCW fingerprint need I needed new fingerprints done for annual background checks and it always took them 30-45 minutes to finally get a good enough quality set to send in but those were always accepted on the first try. Not this time.

They don't ask for a third set, they'll do my FBI background check manually based on my name, etc. It'll get approved but there goes my 1-2 week promised wait time for my CCW. Florida accepts a DD214 military discharge certificate from veterans for training requirement purposes which cuts the time from 6-8 weeks to 1-2 weeks.

So pissed off at this lol. I applied for my Florida Concealed Carry card 3-4 weeks ago and twice I received a message notifying me that my electronically scanned fingerprints that were taken once then again 2 weeks later were both rejected for poor quality.

I'm used to having poor fingerprint quality, I barely have any fingerprints. I guess from years working with HOT vacuum tubes in electronic gear that constantly scorched my fingertips. Before my Florida CCW fingerprint need I needed new fingerprints done for annual background checks and it always took them 30-45 minutes to finally get a good enough quality set to send in but those were always accepted on the first try. Not this time.

They don't ask for a third set, they'll do my FBI background check manually based on my name, etc. It'll get approved but there goes my 1-2 week promised wait time for my CCW. Florida accepts a DD214 military discharge certificate from veterans for training requirement purposes which cuts the time from 6-8 weeks to 1-2 weeks.

Ah! Another tube jockey! I lost count of how many burns, shocks, and zaps I got off of tube equipment. Had the plate cap of a TV horizontal output tube arc into my thumb one time. Left a black crater and boy did it burn! "RF Burns", even though technically, it wasn't RF.

• Love
Reactions: Jerry Bransford

To add insult to injury my wife's CC card, since she apparently has flawless fingerprints, is arriving today! :ROFLMAO:

Have you considered work on the black market? :unsure:
:LOL:
I'm not familiar with Florida gun laws. Are they an open carry state or what?
Definitely not open carry but a hell of a lot easier to get a CC permit in than many other states. Plus they're good for 7 years, California is only good for 2 years.

Reactions: BlueC
My wife wants us to buy a boat, I pray I can talk her out of it lol. I have owned five boats from 17' to 27' and that's more than enough so far as I am concerned. She only sees being on the water with the kids and grandkids, I only see all the maintenance and upkeep, not to mention the trailer, of which I have always done myself lol. Not to mention all I can see is me getting talked into waterskiing (which I used to do a lot of) and finding myself next to an alligator in the water while she's fumbling with the throttle. :ROFLMAO:

A boat is a hole in the water into which you pour money.