Florida The move to Florida is on!

them dam storms are the only thing making me apprehensive about FLA.
Yeah they can be bad but they're mostly in the south from what I understand. We've had a lot of thunderstorms here in Fleming Island but my wife & I have actually been enjoying them. We're entering the hurricane season now so I'm a little concerned but my local family has said they're not really a serious threat in this part of Florida.

One thing I recently read is Florida is officially the most humid state in the US. I believe it. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

Yeah they can be bad but they're mostly in the south from what I understand. We've had a lot of thunderstorms here in Fleming Island but my wife & I have actually been enjoying them. We're entering the hurricane season now so I'm a little concerned but my local family has said they're not really a serious threat in this part of Florida.

One thing I recently read is Florida is officially the most humid state in the US. I believe it. :eek: :ROFLMAO:

As far as humidity goes, don't discount Louisiana.

We're entering the hurricane season now so I'm a little concerned but my local family has said they're not really a serious threat in this part of Florida.

They can be a serious threat, but more often overblown by the media, like everything else. Pay attention to the locals when it's time. I've ridden through one (Bertha '96) that landed as a cat 2 and quickly fell to a 1. Lots of wind, but even more rain with that one.

Are you feeling 90 at 90% yet? :cool: I'm currently (9 am) sitting at 85 and 80%. It's supposed to crawl on up to 95 today and 100 tomorrow. I don't think our recent northern runaways are ready. :LOL:

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
They can be a serious threat, but more often overblown by the media, like everything else. Pay attention to the locals when it's time. I've ridden through one (Bertha '96) that landed as a cat 2 and quickly fell to a 1. Lots of wind, but even more rain with that one.

Are you feeling 90 at 90% yet? :cool: I'm currently (9 am) sitting at 85 and 80%. It's supposed to crawl on up to 95 today and 100 tomorrow. I don't think our recent northern runaways are ready. :LOL:

You haven't lived until you get to 115° and 60%. Little known fact is that Phoenix has a monsoon season where the humidity comes up from the gulf of California. We get roughly 10" of rain a year here and it comes in 2 to 3 inch increments between Mid July and Mid September. The humidity can reach upwards of 70% while temperatures can be over 110°. It's transient however. We don't get the constant humidity.

You haven't lived until you get to 115° and 60%. Little known fact is that Phoenix has a monsoon season where the humidity comes up from the gulf of California. We get roughly 10" of rain a year here and it comes in 2 to 3 inch increments between Mid July and Mid September. The humidity can reach upwards of 70% while temperatures can be over 110°. It's transient however. We don't get the constant humidity.

I spent a 14 hour July day running heat tests on an offshore crane in Louisiana. It was over 105 degrees and in the 90's for humidity. The damn sky was circling as there was a hurricane coming in. It was pretty miserable.

Reactions: Blondie70
I spent a 14 hour July day running heat tests on an offshore crane in Louisiana. It was over 105 degrees and in the 90's for humidity. The damn sky was circling as there was a hurricane coming in. It was pretty miserable.

I've been in Dallas for work.... in a suit no less... at 100 and 90. That alone stopped a move to Dallas.

I enjoy the thunderstorms and rain too. Natives look at me like I have 3 heads when I tell them I like the rain, but since it never rains in California, I like it. But the weather here is wonky. It can be raining in your backyard and sunny and dry in your front! Unlike California - when it actually does rain there, it pretty much rains everywhere and usually for hours. Florida can be spotty - at least my part of it - and if it rains longer than about 10 or 15 minutes, its remarkable.

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
I enjoy the thunderstorms and rain too. Natives look at me like I have 3 heads when I tell them I like the rain, but since it never rains in California, I like it. But the weather here is wonky. It can be raining in your backyard and sunny and dry in your front! Unlike California - when it actually does rain there, it pretty much rains everywhere and usually for hours. Florida can be spotty - at least my part of it - and if it rains longer than about 10 or 15 minutes, its remarkable.

You sure it's the thunderstorms and rain that makes them look?

our proximity to the great lakes makes it a sauna here when temps get up, you can feel it in your chest it's so thick.

Been there done this. :)

7052C73D-D7B9-487D-90EA-60F47DC22371.jpeg