The New Jeep Pickup Trucks

Kickin the tires around the internet, it looks like Jeep is gonna be drinking the cool-aid and getting rid of the diesel and possibly their V8s just a bit later. So I think the Gladiator is only going to have a very small window of properly equipped Gladiators (I'm even doubting the V8 even makes it). Considering, from an engineer's perspective that deals with a lot of logistics, this is NUTS, but I see their perspective that they have a gun to their head and we're mostly idiots and will accept what we're given, especially if it accelerates quickly, plus the price is going to be so outrageous that us peasants will only lease the vehicles anyway.

Reading that news, I am a little bit more in the mood to get one of these Gladiators with the correct type of fuel. I'm really not against EV, but not for something that's gonna be in rough terrain away from the grid that doesn't fit in the back of my truck. If I go down the rabbit hole, which we did with hybrid and I didn't care for the ending, I'll be grabbing something cheaper than a Tesla or Jeep EV and see if I can't build a nice genset for it somehow. I've been looking at Chinese diesels and stuff, so maybe there's something reasonable that doesn't have to run on unicorn dust. Of course it'll be 10 years probably to just figure out a type of plug to use to recharge, so I probably shouldn't hold my breath.
Jeep is Dutch now, it's to be expected.

Reactions: BugoutJeep
Jeep is Dutch now, it's to be expected.
I mean don't get me wrong. If you just want a Jeep to get you around town and out to eat and maybe to work, EV would be awesome, but if they trailer the thing or use some gimmick and give it some trail badge they should be mocked. I won't give anyone crap for trailering a rig, but an OEM should be expected to drive to a trail and complete it without specialty means to get there.

If not it needs like a city street badge, though anymore that's equivalent to the CIB, so maybe that works especially for say the cybertruck.

I'm still debating to build my YJ into a diesel truck or just forego the effort and just go OEM with the Jeep Gladiator.

"Mocked"? As in Mock Turtle Soup?

"I mock 'Mock', and I mock 'Mocks", which means I mock mock Mocks.
What kind of turtle soup is that? We decided to make turtle soup last summer, but the recipe just said turtle soup. I actually didn't like the soup because it was too sweet for my tastes. I like turtle meat, but I might go tacos next time.

Reactions: Zorba
I've driven the gladiator, I enjoyed it. Smooth, quiet, and felt it had plenty of power to get up and go (even on 35s). I looked at a few when I was in the market for a new vehicle, but the price was a bit high.

I've driven the gladiator, I enjoyed it. Smooth, quiet, and felt it had plenty of power to get up and go (even on 35s). I looked at a few when I was in the market for a new vehicle, but the price was a bit high.
Yeah, new, we were looking at around $55k. I think I'm going to keep an eye out for a diesel Rubicon and might bite in the $40k range. I'm not sure it's gonna stay on the market for that long, the way the industry is looking.