The Unofficial Hijack Thread

going to install my front bumper. I was going to wait for the wife to have time. she like learning about fixing cars. I have already taught her how to fix her Harley one her own. I am afraid if i do do it with out her around she will cut me off in more ways the one.

also started digging around and found there is a different distributor for the 1997 TJ vs the 1998 TJ everything is the same except something they call a switch plate. now i'm going to google around and figure out what the hell a distributor switch plate is. The Cam sensor is identical.

DISTRIBUTOR. ENGINE.

Part Number: 56027028AB (04723067; 56027028)
https://www.moparpartssurplus.com/a..._5527125/Distributor-40L-Engine/00i94030.html

DISTRIBUTOR. ENGINE.

Part Number: 56041034AB (56041034)
https://www.moparpartssurplus.com/a..._5527124/Distributor-40L-Engine/00i94029.html
I think it’s the part that causes cancer and reproductive harm. :D It also apparently coordinates the spark timing that is sent to the combustion chamber.

Yea that’s crazy. When I did mine I clicked the private party seller option and I don’t remember it asking me anything in particular about the vehicle. It was an AEV grand Cherokee I was thinking about getting cat the time for 23k.
Oh, well. Such is life. Must be a reason for it (missing the opportunity to purchase the truck). I usually allow myself one day of being pissed about something like that, and then move on. Life's too damn short to go through it with your unders all twisted up!!!

Is all this making sense? Oh brother.

913bea7b36daffb80eebb111c8f6c486.jpg

Nah perfect sense.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: JMT
It will drive better with the hard top. Trust me, that weight always makes my shocks ride softer. It’s noticeable. Also, @Jerry Bransford used to remove his hard top by himself on his back, so I think you can do it. ;)

@Jerry Bransford can do a lot of things I can't even dream of! I've enticed my friends to help out by offering them a 6pack. We'll put the hard top back this weekend hopefully without too much trouble. I do think Jeeps look better with a soft top than hard top. I just have to fully convince myself that a soft top is a replaceble part over time.

@Jerry Bransford can do a lot of things I can't even dream of! I've enticed my friends to help out by offering them a 6pack. We'll put the hard top back this weekend hopefully without too much trouble. I do think Jeeps look better with a soft top than hard top. I just have to fully convince myself that a soft top is a replaceble part over time.
That’s one thing I do not like about a soft top, they wear out, and the other thing is a good one costs $900, and I never had a good one, so maybe it’s biased me towards a hardtop, but I really love the look with the hardtop. It just looks so clean and refined.
6B8201C8-A466-42C3-9FA8-82FBA2C7C043.jpeg

424CDDE3-E27C-43F7-AE58-97506343D162.jpeg

On the Lightstream thing, what you’re basically asking for is an unsecured line of credit. You may be better off going to your bank and applying for this line. If you’ve had an account with them for 3-5 years and especially if you have had an active direct deposit with them for that long (establishes income level) they can tell you what amount you would qualify for pretty quickly and run your credit if needed.

Reactions: Squatch
That’s one thing I do not like about a soft top, they wear out, and the other thing is a good one costs $900, and I never had a good one, so maybe it’s biased me towards a hardtop, but I really love the look with the hardtop. It just looks so clean and refined.
View attachment 56050
View attachment 56051

But who wheels with a hardtop on??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

But who wheels with a hardtop on??

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi
ME in the dead of winter! That was the day I just couldn't go into work. I packed my gear for work, some water, some lunch and went out to this OHV park by myself. I fooled around for awhile until I found a granite rock that was shaped like a chair. I sat down in that chair with my iPad Pro and my iPhone and used the phone as a hotspot to work on the iPad. It took off some stress. But I'm with you normally, top off for wheelin. But some days you just have to bite it and wheel with the top on! It was a good day.

ME in the dead of winter! That was the day I just couldn't go into work. I packed my gear for work, some water, some lunch and went out to this OHV park by myself. I fooled around for awhile until I found a granite rock that was shaped like a chair. I sat down in that chair with my iPad Pro and my iPhone and used the phone as a hotspot to work on the iPad. It took off some stress. But I'm with you normally, top off for wheelin. But some days you just have to bite it and wheel with the top on! It was a good day.

Ah I’m just giving you hell brother. That’s an awesome shot and a great spot looks like

I just found a post in another thread about Davis Auto Sports in Richmond so I’m drooling over this Aloha XJ build lol

2005 RHD TJ Sport
2010 BMW 528xi

On the Lightstream thing, what you’re basically asking for is an unsecured line of credit. You may be better off going to your bank and applying for this line. If you’ve had an account with them for 3-5 years and especially if you have had an active direct deposit with them for that long (establishes income level) they can tell you what amount you would qualify for pretty quickly and run your credit if needed.
I've been with the same bank for almost 35 years, so yeah, I could look into a line of credit through them (my house is financed through them, as well). I just don't like attaching any further debt directly to my house. That was part of the reason I was looking into Lightstream. I guess I should do a little more research if I'm serious about acquiring another rig. Have the funds available first, then go shopping.

I've been with the same bank for almost 35 years, so yeah, I could look into a line of credit through them (my house is financed through them, as well). I just don't like attaching any further debt directly to my house. That was part of the reason I was looking into Lightstream. I guess I should do a little more research if I'm serious about acquiring another rig. Have the funds available first, then go shopping.

A personal line of credit wouldn’t be attached to your house either. There is such a thing as a HELOC (Home Equity Line of Credit) that would be a secondary lien on your home, but there’s a PLOC (Personal Line of Credit). The PLOC is unsecured meaning that the lender doesn’t hold any additional security/collateral (house, car, boat, etc) other than your promise to repay.

A personal line of credit wouldn’t be attached to your house either. There is such a thing as a HELOC (Home Equity Line of Credit) that would be a secondary lien on your home, but there’s a PLOC (Personal Line of Credit). The PLOC is unsecured meaning that the lender doesn’t hold any additional security/collateral (house, car, boat, etc) other than your promise to repay.
You're right. I was locked onto the HELOC line of thinking, as the bank is always offering that to me. I don't even know if they have a PLOC available. My bank is BOA.

So did my wife but im going to keep her. And someday ill put a new soft top back on her.
It's just deciding which method to get the soft top back on that you have to figure out!

You're right. I was locked onto the HELOC line of thinking, as the bank is always offering that to me. I don't even know if they have a PLOC available. My bank is BOA.

They will definitely have a PLOC available. Go in and talk to the branch manager at your local BoA. In today’s internet world of things, actual brick and mortar bank locations are usually happy to interact directly with customers! The managers usually have some monthly goals for opening up these type of accounts so going in toward the end of the month is a good idea and don’t be afraid to ask for a lower interest rate!