The Unofficial Hijack Thread

..so anyways, then she says "is that thing real?" I smiled and told her it absolutely was and she......

(random additions welcome!)

They will definitely have a PLOC available. Go in and talk to the branch manager at your local BoA. In today’s internet world of things, actual brick and mortar bank locations are usually happy to interact directly with customers! The managers usually have some monthly goals for opening up these type of accounts so going in toward the end of the month is a good idea and don’t be afraid to ask for a lower interest rate!
I always walk into the actual building, chat with the manager, flirt with my favorite teller, and pay my mortgage and credit card bill, live and in-person. Headed there tomorrow to pay-off the credit card, in fact. Maybe I'll chat with the manager about a PLOC. Thanks for the tip!

I always walk into the actual building, chat with the manager, flirt with my favorite teller, and pay my mortgage and credit card bill, live and in-person. Headed there tomorrow to pay-off the credit card, in fact. Maybe I'll chat with the manager about a PLOC. Thanks for the tip!
Me too! I make my deposits in person, pay my cc bill in person (well that is because it is usually $12,000+ so I keep my money as long as I can) Chase banks here are pushing their new buildings to have 3-4 automated tellers inside and only 1 real teller! Funny thing is there are usually 2 people standing there trying to talk you into using the automated teller.

Reactions: Squatch
"I think Waxoil is the UK equivalent of fluid film....I know people on my Triumph TR6 forums talk about it all the time."

I think it's about time we see some pics of your Limey ride, don't you, @cliffish? Always been a fan of the TR series, up to and including the 6. The TR7, not so much. The TR8 gets an honorable mention because of its Rover (GM) aluminum V8. Just seems like it would be fun to scoot around in! :)

ask and you shall receive
copter tr6.jpg
back under1.jpg
my fog2.jpg
my interior.jpg
wheel.JPG
:

Looks like this thread is living up to its name. It also appears to be designed for all the non-linear thinkers (oxymoron with designed). Of course, it always makes perfect sense to them. I’m getting my Exogate hinges on Monday. One more day of official work this week for me! Yippee. Some of my kids are traveling right now. I might work tonight to get some of it done so I can get off early tomorrow. What’s your next mod? Mine is a locker I’m going to try to install on Friday. Is all this making sense? Oh brother.

Did you buy it from extreme Terrain or gr8tops? Curious about extreme Terrains out of stock message...

Reactions: cliffish
Reactions: cliffish
Me too! I make my deposits in person, pay my cc bill in person (well that is because it is usually $12,000+ so I keep my money as long as I can) Chase banks here are pushing their new buildings to have 3-4 automated tellers inside and only 1 real teller! Funny thing is there are usually 2 people standing there trying to talk you into using the automated teller.

Last time I went to the bank was to buy my TJ, the PO wanted cash and they let us use one of the little deposit boxes rooms to make the deal. Other than that I use mobile banking for everything, pay CC, Mortgage, monthly utilities, deposit checks all online.

Last time I went to the bank was to buy my TJ, the PO wanted cash and they let us use one of the little deposit boxes rooms to make the deal. Other than that I use mobile banking for everything, pay CC, Mortgage, monthly utilities, deposit checks all online.
I like being able to walk into a building and know the name of the folks I've been dealing with for years. Same with the DOL. They know me on a first name basis. My wife is the exact opposite. She does it all online.

I will pay most of my bills online, my car payments are on auto pay but for deposits I am handing it to the teller like the getting old person that I am becoming!

I don't know what to write, so my wife tells me to get dressed while I'm thinking. I usually don't try to do two things at once though.

WHY, WHY, WHY in the hell are vehicles getting to be so overloaded with amenities and luxuries? How much fucking time do you spend in your car? Your house I understand, but your car? I need a vehicle with heat, AC, and a stereo with an aux port. I don't need parking sensors and heated steering wheels and all this other bullshit they try to sell you in "packages" these days.

Why can't you just buy a bare bones vehicle anymore? Do you live in your car? If so, then I guess I understand it. But trust me, all that plastic, leather trim, micro-suede, and other fancy crap... that stuff ages fast, and it doesn't look good when it ages either. All those electronics break, and they cost a fortune to replace. Oh, and after 10 years when the manufacturer is no longer legally required to support them... well then they stop making parts, and then you're going to be far worse off than us TJ folks are who are just trying to source out a PCM... you're going to be sourcing out a damn computer for your heated seats. Or better yet, trying to update that touch screen infotainment system in the center of your dash, which can't be updated BTW, because it's a 15 year old brick that no longer supports your brand new phone, doesn't work with modern GPS satellites, etc.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Reactions: JMT
WHY, WHY, WHY in the hell are vehicles getting to be so overloaded with amenities and luxuries? How much fucking time do you spend in your car? Your house I understand, but your car? I need a vehicle with heat, AC, and a stereo with an aux port. I don't need parking sensors and heated steering wheels and all this other bullshit they try to sell you in "packages" these days.

Why can't you just buy a bare bones vehicle anymore? Do you live in your car? If so, then I guess I understand it. But trust me, all that plastic, leather trim, micro-suede, and other fancy crap... that stuff ages fast, and it doesn't look good when it ages either. All those electronics break, and they cost a fortune to replace. Oh, and after 10 years when the manufacturer is no longer legally required to support them... well then they stop making parts, and then you're going to be far worse off than us TJ folks are who are just trying to source out a PCM... you're going to be sourcing out a damn computer for your heated seats. Or better yet, trying to update that touch screen infotainment system in the center of your dash, which can't be updated BTW, because it's a 15 year old brick that no longer supports your brand new phone, doesn't work with modern GPS satellites, etc.

Stupid, stupid, stupid.
Because money.

Cara arn't advancing that much from year to year and they all look the same now. Given that they tend to last fairly well what's the incentive to upgrade every few years that doesn't cost the manufacturers a ton to implement. The answer is gimics, same as why do people need this year's iPhone when they just spent over a grand a year ago on a perfectly functional phone? The base hardware isn't that different so it's all about the add ons.

Also the prices charged for those options are a huge profit, not to mention out of warranty repair is even more gravy.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Reactions: Chris

Stupid, stupid, stupid.
I spend a LOT of time in my car. I appreciate all the nice stuff. I'm driving about 15,000 miles a year, so having those nice things makes a difference. I don't understand why your so butthurt about nice things in cars...If you hate them so much, sell that Subaru you have and go buy an old Chevette.

Reactions: Starrs
WHY, WHY, WHY in the hell are vehicles getting to be so overloaded with amenities and luxuries?

A lot of people haven’t driven a basic vehicle in so long, they don’t realize there’s so much stuff you don’t need.

I was guilty and added every option to a new car, but it’s so much more fun driving the TJ without all the distractions.

Navigating without using GPS is a skill that’s slowly being lost.

Reactions: JMT and Chris
Because money.

Cara arn't advancing that much from year to year and they all look the same now. Given that they tend to last fairly well what's the incentive to upgrade every few years that doesn't cost the manufacturers a ton to implement. The answer is gimics, same as why do people need this year's iPhone when they just spent over a grand a year ago on a perfectly functional phone? The base hardware isn't that different so it's all about the add ons.

Also the prices charged for those options are a huge profit, not to mention out of warranty repair is even more gravy.

There must have been a time
when we could have said no.

Good point! That always bothered me as well how these phone manufacturers want you to keep upgrading your phone every year with the latest and greatest model, when in reality nothing major really changes on them.

I think a lot of it is the whole “keeping up with the Joneses” mentality.

I spend a LOT of time in my car. I appreciate all the nice stuff. I'm driving about 15,000 miles a year, so having those nice things makes a difference. I don't understand why your so butthurt about nice things in cars...If you hate them so much, sell that Subaru you have and go buy an old Chevette.

I’m glad you appreciate it. They have to be able to sell it to someone!

A lot of people haven’t driven a basic vehicle in so long, they don’t realize there’s so much stuff you don’t need.

I was guilty and added every option to a new car, but it’s so much more fun driving the TJ without all the distractions.

Navigating without using GPS is a skill that’s slowly being lost.

Very true! I think @Drizit hit the nail on the head though. With cars being as reliable as they are these days in terms of engines and drivetrains, they've got to add other gizmos (even if most of them are a complete waste of time) as an incentive for people to want to upgrade every 5 years or so, just like they want people to do with their phones.

I actually hadn't thought of that until he pointed it out, but now it makes complete sense.

Apparently it's also becoming harder and harder to buy a good old manual transmission.

go buy an old Chevette.
There was a fella nearby where I work who had a SBC 350 stuffed into his Chevette. It was a crazy ride. But the guy directly next door to my workplace had a daily driver 390 Ford-powered Pinto, which topped the Chevette in insanity. However, the one that took the cake (for me, anyways) was the local guy's (next town up) early Volkswagen Rabbit with the Chevy 396 stuffed in the front. The amount of backyard engineering to get that thing set-up must've been nucking futs!

Reactions: Drizit and Mike_H