Things to do while gas tank is removed?

Order the Bosch fuel pump, there’s a post about it on here. It showed on Amazon for $159, then when I could finally order one it was $179, now it is $215 if still available. Mine is working fine, but it said originally 1 to 2 month delivery so I got one while I could. Only three left last time I looked.

Reactions: L J
Thanks. 90k on the fuel pump. What’s the lifespan?
There's really no telling how long it will go. Another week or another decade. I guess it depends on your use but it's one of those things that can leave you in a bad spot if it does quit. If money allows, I'd replace it with the Bosch if available.

Reactions: SSTJ
There is no set lifespan in my experience. It’ll only die when you least expect it. But since the lead time is so long/unpredictable I ordered one to have on the shelf “if” and “when” it dies. Sometimes it’s just the regulator that bites the dust, making a long hard start

Reactions: SSTJ
Order the Bosch fuel pump, there’s a post about it on here. It showed on Amazon for $159, then when I could finally order one it was $179, now it is $215 if still available. Mine is working fine, but it said originally 1 to 2 month delivery so I got one while I could. Only three left last time I looked.

Currently $77 on Amazon! Just grabbed it.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000BZL922/?tag=wranglerorg-20
Got that part number and link from Jerry Bransford in another thread.

Now wondering if my 97 requires a different part. Hope not?
That's just the pump portion of the assembly. Most people replace the entire assembly. The assembly for your model year is discontinued but was ~$200 when available:
20210501_110249.jpg

they're (Bosch) discontinued for 97's

Yep, sorry, I see that now. Reading on other threads right now about Delphi units and others.

Replacing the whole unit, or even just the pump, might be more than I'm ready for right now. Will keep reading, and decide before I drop the tank.

Reactions: L J
If you have an aftermarket rear bumper make sure it has ALL the bolts. The PO put on a nice aftermarket rear bumper but didn’t use all the bolt holes and the only way to access some of the holes is with the gas tank removed

If you have an aftermarket rear bumper make sure it has ALL the bolts. The PO put on a nice aftermarket rear bumper but didn’t use all the bolt holes and the only way to access some of the holes is with the gas tank removed

Thanks, and yes it's all stock on this TJ!

Reactions: Jason06