This Jeep means 𝘯𝘰𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘯𝘨 to me?

Yes, I've heard that comparison before, and it's dead-on accurate.

Why have some nice ass car if it's just going to sit like a museum piece? Life is too short.

There is a high probability I will break mine Saturday. Mischief Maker, Lite Brite, GRDLOC and GenRight will be at our local offroad park SMORR. Heading out with some hardcore freaks. Predicting a fun filled day of bypasses and winch work. Limits will be pushed, the wife's patience will be tested. Can't wait.

56790910_10157134363367937_3467296814246395904_n.jpeg

There is a high probability I will break mine Saturday. Mischief Maker, Lite Brite, GRDLOC and GenRight will be at our local offroad park SMORR. Heading out with some hardcore freaks. Predicting a fun filled day of bypasses and winch work. Limits will be pushed, the wife's patience will be tested. Can't wait.
Looking forward to pics and vid of the YouTubers.

Yes, I've heard that comparison before, and it's dead-on accurate.

Why have some nice ass car if it's just going to sit like a museum piece? Life is too short.
Ummm...I'll take the other side of this. There are definitely folks who are of the mindset that a truly well preserved classic car is not something that you "own", but that you are merely the current caretaker for it. While I've worded that rather clumsily, I think you get the idea. It would seem that there are a number of factors involved with this way of looking at things, however. The age of the individual, the age of the car, and what the vehicle actually is all come to mind. Perhaps a 30 yr. old with a low mileage '65 Mustang feels it should be driven, but a 60yr. old with a Duesenberg Model J Dual Cowl Phaeton feels the need to preserve it for future generations. I can't fault either one for their way of looking at it, but I tend to agree with the latter of the two. Again, there are those factors that come into play. Just my opinion, of course.

Ummm...I'll take the other side of this. There are definitely folks who are of the mindset that a truly well preserved classic car is not something that you "own", but that you are merely the current caretaker for it. While I've worded that rather clumsily, I think you get the idea. It would seem that there are a number of factors involved with this way of looking at things, however. The age of the individual, the age of the car, and what the vehicle actually is all come to mind. Perhaps a 30 yr. old with a low mileage '65 Mustang feels it should be driven, but a 60yr. old with a Duesenberg Model J Dual Cowl Phaeton feels the need to preserve it for future generations. I can't fault either one for their way of looking at it, but I tend to agree with the latter of the two. Again, there are those factors that come into play. Just my opinion, of course.

But what happens when the world ends and everything ceases to exist? I sure hope those vehicles have been enjoyed more than just being stared at. ;)

I understand preserving something, but that can still be done I think while maybe taking it out for a short weekend drive, no?

Reactions: Apparition
Looking forward to pics and vid of the YouTubers.

I am terrible about taking pictures, like the worst. I will put the wife on picture duty. One of the dudes I am going with has a stretched coilover tj on like 42"s. I will not be able to hang. But I will give it the old college try. Some of the trails I know I can't even attempt, but most of them I can get to the tough obstacles and watch the carnage of the other bigger builds. Might turn into mostly a "hiking" trip.

Reactions: Apparition
I am terrible about taking pictures, like the worst. I will put the wife on picture duty. One of the dudes I am going with has a stretched coilover tj on like 42"s. I will not be able to hang. But I will give it the old college try. Some of the trails I know I can't even attempt, but most of them I can get to the tough obstacles and watch the carnage of the other bigger builds. Might turn into mostly a "hiking" trip.
Main priority, have fun.

Reactions: AMS417
But what happens when the world ends and everything ceases to exist? I sure hope those vehicles have been enjoyed more than just being stared at. ;)

I understand preserving something, but that can still be done I think while maybe taking it out for a short weekend drive, no?
I would have to agree that unless something is like the last known surviving vehicle of its kind (like a fully operational Yugo... ;)), then yes, a rare weekend jaunt would be acceptable. As far as the world ending being a factor, ehhh...nothing you can do 'bout that.

Still, I have a huge appreciation for museum pieces. (y)

Last edited:
I could burn down a stock rig no problem but after all the hours ive put in I'm pretty cautious with my lady.

Now when I get those fab 10" housings and f450 outerss.... It's on like donkey Kong.

Reactions: taylormade73
On the whole, people that live satisfying lives understand and apply balance.

As far as you tube, and most of the entertainment world, shock value goes a long way. People have become somewhat desensitized, and it takes more and more extreme acts to get attention (or at least the media side feels that way). Biting the head off a bat, and everything else, is all for attention.

I respect my own property, largely because I think that's one measure of a man, and I don't have anybody to impress, and I'm not living my life for that. I'm also not going to be entertained by that.

Another reason I respect my property is because I don't want to try to enjoy something that is falling apart, it's contradictory.

I'm not a great spectator anyway. Talker, yes, worker, I try to be. Friend...I certainly try.

I will say this...we are here for so much more than just "hey look at me." We need to be real, good to each other and ourselves, and help each other make it along the way.

Last edited:
Whenever he crosses over to other YouTube channels that I watch, it costs their channel my view. I can't stand WhistinDiesel, he's less of a douche on other's channels but still untolerable.

Saw that earlier. I don't like some of the stuff he destroys but the monstermax series has been great. That is a pretty amazing video.
He triggers people more than posting random tweets in an election thread. The more I watch him I see his genius.