Thunderhead’s MNF

Ah. I will take a look on the web site see where it is out at.

It’s 12 miles north of the M-1 where it splits from the FH-7 on the Covalo side . Same spot as 2017 (pic via google. We hit the washout out in 2017 and went all the way back up to the M-4 and back across.

8ADAA1C2-AE30-4C30-AC4D-861DF01F1017.png
C7DFB3DA-8CB7-4819-A010-0273FE7317D0.png

June 2018 it was fixed

ED1E6AAD-E12B-4777-AF4C-19E6291F70FE.jpeg
A75C5D3E-EB47-4135-BBDC-CE953989EAA1.jpeg

Reactions: TJ Starting
https://www.fs.usda.gov/detail/mendocino/home/?cid=FSEPRD628534
It’s says road failure 12 miles north on the M-1.
I scaled it and its the same spot from what I can tell.
My wife is on instagram and a couple from Legget posted it was washed out and had to hike down in
I didn’t look very hard apparently. Lol. That explains why we ran in to the CCC fire crews on m2 last weekend. The ywe’re heading into the East Fire. I thought they were going the long way. But makes sense now. Haha

Reactions: Thunderhead
I didn't want to see it. Very depressing. One of our favorite places to visit. Reminds me of our trip up Cow Mt. and the carnage up there.

Reactions: tomtaylz
Sadly I spent the afternoon watching the planes drop retardant on the South Fire. It is now in or at the Mendocino northern border.
I was glassing some Bears and planes at the same time lol.

Not sure in that. I heard that it had jumped cottonwood creek and was starting to head up Elk horn ridge, which is in Mendocino NF.

Okay.... Poor Mendocino National Forest is getting hammered last year and now.
Ya. If it stays down to the east it will hit Crane Mills land,which is logged and managed. That should slow it or stop it. If it heads west will go into the wilderness. That will burn till the weather changes......

Saturday we are heading up the south side M-4 just to getaway, Will see how many hunters are still up there. The plan is to hit Log Springs, Sugar Springs and come back to Grindstone. ✌✌✌
Or just find a road we haven't been down and see where it takes us

Saturday we are heading up the south side M-4 just to getaway, Will see how many hunters are still up there. The plan is to hit Log Springs, Sugar Springs and come back to Grindstone. ✌✌✌
Or just find a road we haven't been down and see where it takes us
Should still be quit a few hunters up there. The weather is getting cooler and makes for better hunting.