Tips on ordering a new F350

I'd run away from any newer diesel truck, unless you do extensive towing at max capacity. The emissions systems have ruined the advantages of a diesel for most buyers. Yeah, the 6.7L does come with a 100k mile warranty, but just ask my friend how he likes his 2019 F250 6.7L that's been at the dealer for over a month because the DEF system is having all kinds of issues limiting the truck's power so he can't drive over 30 mph. No thanks. :ROFLMAO:

In the days of the 5.9 Cummins, 7.3 Powerstroke, and early Duramax trucks diesel was the way to go. Better fuel mileage when towing, better longevity, etc. That isn't the case anymore. The higher purchase price, higher cost of fuel, and expensive emissions equipment means you have to keep the thing much longer for the initial purchase price to be worth it, and due to a lot of states changing their emissions laws, you can't delete all this stuff like you used to be able to, meaning lower resale for all of these trucks.
Those are not common issues. Most run great. At least the Fords do. Dunno about the other brands.

What does that mean in this situation
I ordered my truck for an agreed price. Between the time that I ordered and my truck delivered I received the PCO from Ford when I visited the dealers website that I ordered from, it just pops up randomly so visit Ford sites frequently. Once I got the pop up then I filled out my info and I received a PCO for $2500. When I went in to pick up my truck they took another $2500 off the already agreed upon purchase price because I had the PCO.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1630554-guide-to-getting-pcos.html

Reactions: WSS
I ordered my truck for an agreed price. Between the time that I ordered and my truck delivered I received the PCO from Ford when I visited the dealers website that I ordered from, it just pops up randomly so visit Ford sites frequently. Once I got the pop up then I filled out my info and I received a PCO for $2500. When I went in to pick up my truck they took another $2500 off the already agreed upon purchase price because I had the PCO.

https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1630554-guide-to-getting-pcos.html
So can you walk through the order process? Did you just get the price on Ford website? Was their negotiation?

So can you walk through the order process? Did you just get the price on Ford website? Was their negotiation?
I stopped at a dealership and found a salesman that seemed decent. I asked if I order exactly what I want how low will they go. They did a percentage under invoice for me at the time. I said that’s fair and ordered my truck.

Oh and if needed join the mustang club of America for $25 and after like 30 days you are eligible for x-plan pricing.

I can't claim BS because I never do that. I run Synthetic after 15k (break in) and go between 3500-4000. It is my truck fleet though, so we prefer the long life over the expense.
Bet you're not paying $175.- per oil change either . . .
Our logging equipment, mostly Caterpillar and Cummins powered, is changed on the hour meter.
The diesel pickup trucks, are changed on mileage . . . . 4000.

10,000 miles . . . . . not on my stuff.

The def is a non issue with fords. I bought about 15 gallons to be ready and I have only used 1. The truck came with 2 years of free oil changes. The dealer good tops off the def got free too. They only put about 2 gallon in anyway. I do change early though. 3500-4000 miles.

I disagree. The DEF level sensor/pump, made by Bosch, is a weak spot in Ford's DEF system. When the pump goes bad, a CEL is thrown. This CEL can cause the truck to go into limp mode. I had mine replaced, and my BIL had his replaced twice.

There's a shelf life or use by date for DEF. Check the date on the 15 gallons you purchased. My nephew told me to get my DEF at the truck stop. It's fresher and cheaper. The last time I filled my DEF tank, I paid ~$4.00 per gallon at the pump vs ~$8.00 by the 2 1/2 gallon box.

I disagree. The DEF level sensor/pump, made by Bosch, is a weak spot in Ford's DEF system. When the pump goes bad, a CEL is thrown. This CEL can cause the truck to go into limp mode. I had mine replaced, and my BIL had his replaced twice.

There's a shelf life or use by date for DEF. Check the date on the 15 gallons you purchased. My nephew told me to get my DEF at the truck stop. It's fresher and cheaper. The last time I filled my DEF tank, I paid ~$4.00 per gallon at the pump vs ~$8.00 by the 2 1/2 gallon box.
DEF and the DEF pump are two separate things. Fords do not use near the amount of DEF that a dodge diesel uses or even a Chevy (which is what I was trying to get across). Never heard of the sensor or pump failing, is the sensor and pump the same? Integrated? Granted, the Ford diesels I work around are all 450 and up.

Forgive if I am not making sense. I probably should have my keyboard confiscated.

I will check the date. I have literally put only one can in our new one, the dealer has done the rest. Kali is still on us as our other vehicles get older, so more new diesels soon.

Last edited:
Reactions: B00mb00m
Oh and if needed join the mustang club of America for $25 and after like 30 days you are eligible for x-plan pricing.
I get x-plan through my employer. You think thats better than negotiating??

I was getting the wife’s expedition trans looked over at the local Ford dealer. While I was waiting, I looked over the new F250 “tremor”. Ran my finger down the sticker and stopped at the bottom were the column said “market adjustment” next to it was the price $7500! Why, because we can. Lol.

I was getting the wife’s expedition trans looked over at the local Ford dealer. While I was waiting, I looked over the new F250 “tremor”. Ran my finger down the sticker and stopped at the bottom were the column said “market adjustment” next to it was the price $7500! Why, because we can. Lol.
Fuckin A

I get x-plan through my employer. You think thats better than negotiating??
Right now I'd say X-plan is a good deal and most should be happy with it but it never hurts to try to do a little better. Plus if you can get x-plan and then a PCO they will combine them.

Another tip, don't do this

2021-12-04_7-43-14-jpg.jpg

2021-12-04_7-44-17-jpg.jpg

2021-12-04_7-43-50-jpg.jpg