Tips on ordering a new F350

That's what happens when you don't know how to drive a school bus. I really have never liked cab-and-a-half or double cab pickups.
Guessing he didn't even realize the C8 was there. Hence why I recommend all the cameras on these big trucks, even thought you'd hate it the rest of the world will benefit from them.

Guessing he didn't even realize the C8 was there. Hence why I recommend all the cameras on these big trucks, even thought you'd hate it the rest of the world will benefit from them.
You just gotta know what your driving, how to drive it, and have a modicum of SA. Just like any other vehicle. No technology needed!

You just gotta know what your driving, how to drive it, and have a modicum of SA. Just like any other vehicle. No technology needed!
That helps too. I'm not disagreeing with you but unfortunately many who buy trucks nowadays have zero experience driving anything bigger than a sedan and there's no way they will go get trained.

I was fortunate I grew up on a farm and got used to running large equipment and pulling trailers.

That helps too. I'm not disagreeing with you but unfortunately many who buy trucks nowadays have zero experience driving anything bigger than a sedan and there's no way they will go get trained.

I was fortunate I grew up on a farm and got used to running large equipment and pulling trailers.
Yea, that's the problem alright. That crap is why our benevolent OverLords have decreed backup cameras - because Americans apparently can't backup. More bullshit technology mandated in an attempt to overcome laziness and stupidity.

Reactions: tr21triton
Yea, that's the problem alright. That crap is why our benevolent OverLords have decreed backup cameras - because Americans apparently can't backup. More bullshit technology mandated in an attempt to overcome laziness and stupidity.
Funny enough but our newest vehicle (F450) is the only vehicle that my wife drives that does not have a BU cam. She has spinal stenosis which can make a day looking over your shoulder harder than it needs to be. I will probably install one to make life easier.

Dash cams are becoming a must here in so Kal. LOL

Funny enough but our newest vehicle (F450) is the only vehicle that my wife drives that does not have a BU cam. She has spinal stenosis which can make a day looking over your shoulder harder than it needs to be. I will probably install one to make life easier.

Teach her how to use the mirrors. But disabilities are debilitating. I'm all for anything that helps folks who face such challenges!

How did you get one without a BU cam? I thought they were mandatory since like 2019.

How did you get one without a BU cam? I thought they were mandatory since like 2019.
I'd guess because of the GCVWR - its a light commercial vehicle I think. I think the BU cam mandate took effect in 2018, but not sure. In any event, don't tell our Benevolent OverLords about their over sight...

• Haha
Reactions: Apparition
I'd guess because of the GCVWR - its a light commercial vehicle I think. I think the BU cam mandate took effect in 2018, but not sure. In any event, don't tell our Benevolent OverLords about their over sight...
As much as you don't like them I find a BU cam on a truck useful, especially if you've ever had to hook up a trailer by yourself.

Reactions: WSS
As much as you don't like them I find a BU cam on a truck useful, especially if you've ever had to hook up a trailer by yourself.
I've hooked many a trailer up by myself - and yes, a BU cam would be helpful. But I wouldn't pay the extra coin for one, I dislike being forced to purchase this crap if I want a new vehicle, and most importantly, I don't want the damn screen in the middle of the dash! So I'll do it the old fashioned way. I've done it all my life, and I can continue to do it without mandated tech. Its bad enough that I have a GPS in all my vehicles - at least the screen is dedicated to that one function, it isn't ginormous, and its up high and out of the way, not in the middle of the dash taking up real estate that is better served with HVAC knobs. And it turns off when I'm not needing it as well.

I've hooked many a trailer up by myself - and yes, a BU cam would be helpful. But I wouldn't pay the extra coin for one, I dislike being forced to purchase this crap if I want a new vehicle, and most importantly, I don't want the damn screen in the middle of the dash! So I'll do it the old fashioned way. I've done it all my life, and I can continue to do it without mandated tech. Its bad enough that I have a GPS in all my vehicles - at least the screen is dedicated to that one function, it isn't ginormous, and its up high and out of the way, not in the middle of the dash taking up real estate that is better served with HVAC knobs. And it turns off when I'm not needing it as well.
On Fords there’s knobs and buttons for everything so you don’t have to use the screen. Only thing that’s screen exclusive is the heated steering wheel but that turns on automatically if it’s cold enough outside.

On Fords there’s knobs and buttons for everything so you don’t have to use the screen. Only thing that’s screen exclusive is the heated steering wheel but that turns on automatically if it’s cold enough outside.
That's good to hear - actually VERY good to hear. Maybe car designers are starting to figure some of this crap out! Maybe the'll eventually figure out that a screen isn't needed at all.

That's good to hear - actually VERY good to hear. Maybe car designers are starting to figure some of this crap out! Maybe the'll eventually figure out that a screen isn't needed at all.
It’s because they wanted hard working individuals who wear gloves to be able to use their trucks

It’s because they wanted hard working individuals who wear gloves to be able to use their trucks
Which benefits everybody. Glad they're waking up a bit - Ford has been the worst with the electronics for years now. Hell, last time we were looking at new cars was 2013 - as we'd owned several Fords, we went to look. Ended up walking away without even driving - even then it was ridiculous.

I think out '18 Expedition has a button for the heated steering wheel, let me check. Ohh ya I forgot, it is in the shop!!