Tire Deflators

Oddly that one is in my shopping cart right now because the summer trail season has started here in the Northeast. Curious what others think about it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk

Oddly that one is in my shopping cart right now because the summer trail season has started here in the Northeast. Curious what others think about it.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
Great minds think alike!

Those screw on deflators do work but they are surprisingly slow compared to other methods.
I just use this..... $8 Amazon.
20170517_085642.jpg

Those screw on deflators do work but they are surprisingly slow compared to other methods.
I just use this..... $8 Amazon. View attachment 15994
I kept reading and finding the same thing. They work...but take awhile. What exactly is that a picture of? Looks like it's a compressor attachment...

I kept reading and finding the same thing. They work...but take awhile. What exactly is that a picture of? Looks like it's a compressor attachment...

Yes, just a simple compressor attachment.
Even dealing with 1 tire at a time, i deflate faster then my group using those screw-ons.
Not that it's a race, just surprising.

I just bought the 400P. It's overkill, but usable for a future motor home. And it has a really nice carrying bag. [emoji41] - Just arrived today. Going to play with it this weekend.

VIAIR 400P-Automatic Function Portable Compressor https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000X9B32M/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Also, I want to see if I can couple it with my Noco battery to make it truly portable and not use my Jeep battery.

NOCO Genius Boost Plus GB40 1000 Amp 12V UltraSafe Lithium Jump Starter https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015TKUPIC/?tag=wranglerorg-20

Lee - 2005 TJ 4.0 Auto - Las Vegas

Reactions: chad, JMT and MikeM
I have the same MV-50 pictured above. Inflates at an ok speed for it's cost but guage on it is completely off so need to contantly disconnect then check with a simple gauge. Hoping to get something better at some point but generally not in a huge rush to go anywhere when inflating so has been put off for other stuff

Reactions: Dawadog
I have the same MV-50 pictured above. Inflates at an ok speed for it's cost but guage on it is completely off so need to contantly disconnect then check with a simple gauge. Hoping to get something better at some point but generally not in a huge rush to go anywhere when inflating so has been put off for other stuff

Wow mine the pressure gauge is spot on I would be upset if it was off that is the real reason for having it??
Correction I do not use or rely on the compressor air gauge as I changed the air hose (longer) and bought a separate unit on the right to inflate and deflate the tires and that gauge is very accurate.

Last edited: