TJ build in S AZ

jae

Hi everyone. First post on the TJ forum. I'm in the middle of my build and thought I would share what's going on. To start, I have a 2000 Sport Auto 4.0, Dana 44 rear option. Here is my build list.

Drivetrain:
Chromo axles.
Axle trusses
Terraflex short SYE
Double Cardin shaft
4:56 gears
Eaton Elockers

Armor:
Under Cover Fab engine and trans 3/8" Al skids.
Savvy gas tank skid in high position.
Metalcloak rails
1/4" steel Diff covers
Savvy steering box cover

Other:
Metalcloak overland fenders front and rear.
1.25" body lift. Brown Dog MML.
Vanco 17" BBK and rear disc conversion
US mag 17" wheels (old school)
Interco 35x10.5r17 SSR tires
2" OME lift kit
Genright alum swing out tire carrier.
ORO Swaylock

That's the big stuff.

Last edited:
Post some photos when you get a chance. You've got some really good taste in mods, that's for sure.

Here is what it started out like.

IMG_0055.JPG
44F97E74-93A6-430D-A740-268F062D7AB9.jpg

Reactions: derekmac and Chris
More pics! Want to see the transition. Will be interesting to see 35's on the 2" OME and 1.25 BL.

The jeep is at the shop getting all the drivetrain stuff. Been a couple months. I have the fenders, some armor and tire carrier in big boxes waiting for the TJs return. I'll definitely get some pics added when it's back.

Normally with a 2" OME lift and a 1.25" body lift, it wouldn't work out to well with 35" tires. But with those Metalcloak fenders, you'll be more than fine, and a have a good LCOG build.

Reactions: JMT and jae
That's similar to the build I was looking at if I decide to go beyond 33's. I like the JCR defenders, it would be a big step for me though...but clearance would be there

Normally with a 2" OME lift and a 1.25" body lift, it wouldn't work out to well with 35" tires. But with those Metalcloak fenders, you'll be more than fine, and a have a good LCOG build.
Right. I basically built the project around the Metalcloak fenders. I think I could even go with 37's but then I'd need to change out the axles altogether. Went as far as I dared with the Dana 30.

Reactions: Chris and JMT
Right. I basically built the project around the Metalcloak fenders. I think I could even go with 37's but then I'd need to change out the axles altogether. Went as far as I dared with the Dana 30.
Well, they are a hunk of change!

Reactions: Chris
I’m still following! Nice work underneath. My build will be almost identical. Strange. Great minds think alike!

Reactions: jae
Nice build, but curious as to the 4.56 gears - reason for that choice? I'm of the understanding that even 4.88 might not be low enough for 35s, especially with an auto...