TJ build in S AZ

What brand brush guard do you have there? I like it a lot.
I don’t remember the brand. It was a discontinued model I got from 4wheel. Sorry. I will need to modify it to make it work with the winch plate I got.

A 2000 will have the 3 spd, no overdrive.
I still need to drive to work and on some freeways so I compromised and chose 4:56. I plan on adding some power later so hopefully it will be ok until then. The tires I got measure 35.5” so it may be close.

I don’t remember the brand. It was a discontinued model I got from 4wheel. Sorry. I will need to modify it to make it work with the winch plate I got.
Well it is a unique brush guard! Pretty cool, post another pic from the front sometime.

I’m still following! Nice work underneath. My build will be almost identical. Strange. Great minds think alike!
My inspiration is essentially a low CG build, but with the body lift, I’m about 5.5” higher at the door. 2.5” for tires (started with 30’s), 1” BL/1” engine lift, 2” spring lift. Tranny/transfer and gas tank are up another inch.

Painting the fenders today with rattle cans. Funny that the color is an EXACT match to brushed aluminum. I can hardly tell where I’ve painted!
3C46C613-22C2-4FD0-9806-78917898A0A2.jpeg
C1E57A35-21E6-48D0-B4D3-DEA784C88543.jpeg
713ED203-F4EF-498F-ABE9-433F489575E0.jpeg

Reactions: derekmac and Kathy
My inspiration is essentially a low CG build, but with the body lift, I’m about 5.5” higher at the door. 2.5” for tires (started with 30’s), 1” BL/1” engine lift, 2” spring lift. Tranny/transfer and gas tank are up another inch.
I’m at 2.5”SL now. 1.25” BL in January. Then the MC overlines. Definitely striving for the LCOG Build. It’s what I originally wanted and it’s what I still want!

You’re paint job is looking good. You’re tempting me to paint mine. I was resigned to pay MC the $620 on top of the $1855 for the system. Let me know if your pleased with the end result. Would love to see pics of you have time!

You're right, I can't even tell you painted those fenders! Looks good though either way.

What are your thoughts on the Eaton E-Locker? My research pointed me that way. Also, how about a current pic of your Jeep?

What are your thoughts on the Eaton E-Locker? My research pointed me that way. Also, how about a current pic of your Jeep?
Haven’t had it off road yet so I can’t report on the E lockers.

Nice. Like the wheels, sorta old skool retro mag look. Gotta ditch that factory tie rod. Those skinny things bend easily.

Haven’t had it off road yet so I can’t report on the E lockers.
Nice. Like the wheels, sorta old skool retro mag look. Gotta ditch that factory tie rod. Those skinny things bend easily.
Yeah, steering is on the todo list. My wallet needs to recover from this first big phase. I also plan on some engine modes next spring to help account for the tires and weight.

Reactions: Rob5589
There isn't much you can do to the engine to make significant hp/tq gains unless you add a supercharger, stroke it, etc. Cold air intakes, throttle body spacers, tuners, etc drain your wallet for little to no usable gains. Most of the "bolt on" type mods, if they add anything, are always in the upper rpm range, so basically worthless for an off road machine.

I'll trade you my K&N cold air intake for your stock intake system.
Thanks but until I decide what to do, it’s staying stock. I’m thinking about the Banks Turbo system. Anyone have any experience with this kit?