TJ build in S AZ

Looks good! I wish MC would have made inner fenders for those of you that have a body lift. I digress. Oh, fix your under hood light.

CBA751E7-E0F8-44A1-A53D-0180D2E727AC.jpeg
With the hood down.

Reactions: Kathy
Hi everyone. First post on the TJ forum. I'm in the middle of my build and thought I would share what's going on. To start, I have a 2000 Sport Auto 4.0, Dana 44 rear option. Here is my build list.

Drivetrain:
Chromo axles.
Axle trusses
Terraflex short SYE
Double Cardin shaft
4:56 gears
Eaton Elockers

Armor:
Under Cover Fab engine and trans 3/8" Al skids.
Savvy gas tank skid in high position.
Metalcloak rails
1/4" steel Diff covers
Savvy steering box cover

Other:
Metalcloak overland fenders front and rear.
1.25" body lift. Brown Dog MML.
Vanco 17" BBK and rear disc conversion
US mag 17" wheels (old school)
Interco 35x10.5r17 SSR tires
2" OME lift kit
Genright alum swing out tire carrier.
ORO Swaylock

That's the big stuff.
Love the Ballistic Fab differential covers. The overall build is looking strong.

Reactions: jae
Looking forward to more pics with the MC Overland Fenders installed!

Wow, it looks great! First time I've ever seen a TJ with these aftermarket fenders the I actually liked... Honestly. Job well done!

Reactions: jae
That looks sick! I love it. I really like the Metalcloak fenders. If/when I decide to move up to 35's (probably never) that will be the route I go as well!

Reactions: JMT
Are you leaving them as is, or painting them?

Those are some serious fenders! :yikes:
He painted them aluminum/silver himself. MC only powder coats them black. MC also charges like $500-600 to do it. I think the job looks great! I’d be interested to know how difficult the install was, and your experience doing this kind of work.

Reactions: JamesAndTheSahara
He painted them aluminum/silver himself. MC only powder coats them black. MC also charges like $500-600 to do it. I think the job looks great! I’d be interested to know how difficult the install was, and your experience doing this kind of work.
I used about four cans of paint, so pretty low cost paint job. It’s definately not perfect, but good enough for me and looks good 5’ away. I sprayed it so when it gets rashed up,I can simply touch it up myself.

The install was fairly easy. The only trouble I got into was a stripped rivnut on one of the back fenders, but I can get to it from the rear I think and fix. The instructions for the front fenders looked to be missing some steps which slowed things down at times while I figured things out. I took my time and had only a couple of redo’s.

As I’ve said, I am very pleased with the outcome. The fenders are good quality and I would recommend them to anyone looking to get some clearance and a different, more custom look.

Reactions: JMT
That's what I get for not reading the whole thread...

I think it looks saweet.
I think you should call her. “Slick Willy!” or “Sic Willy!”
With the old school wheels, which I think is a incredible choice by the way, and the Metaclocks
It has a Willies look going...

Reactions: Chris
I think it looks saweet.
I think you should call her. “Slick Willy!” or “Sic Willy!”
With the old school wheels, which I think is a incredible choice by the way, and the Metaclocks
It has a Willies look going...
I like you’re thinking. Maybe “Slick Willy” lettered on the hood.

Reactions: Chris