TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I almost forgot to ask: Is anyone bringing a good selection of tools? You know, in case a radiator goes out or something along those lines? I'd probably bring a lot, but I'm already bringing a wife and three kids :LOL:

I almost forgot to ask: Is anyone bringing a good selection of tools? You know, in case a radiator goes out or something along those lines? I'd probably bring a lot, but I'm already bringing a wife and three kids :LOL:

Planning on breaking stuff already on the invisible Jeep? ;)

This site contains affiliate links for which Jeep Wrangler TJ Forum may be compensated.
Yeah mine drives, I'm just limited to reverse and 1st gear at the moment, hopefully that will be resolved next week!

Same here, I'm trying to go ahead a book something as well!

@Alex01 here is the current stats on my rig, though you got most it already!

VehicleLiftTiresWinchGearsFrontRearTransmissionT/C Ratio
RHD TJ+1.25 BL31.7"No3.73Dana 30/OpenDana 44/LSDAuto7.4:1

If it would help, I can plan on upgrading to a front winch, it's on my list of things anyway and I've been debating a TrueTrac or E-Locker for my Dana 30, not sure I was going to do it this soon. Does everyone think I'll be fine with my Dana 44 LSD rear and low T/C gearing?

@Alex01 Should we add fuel type to the list? I'm going to be diesel, and with that said how easy is it to find diesel fuel in Moab? I just realized I probably need to bring 2x 5-gallon fuel cans as well.

Also because this will be my first long wheeling trip, do we have a guide on what we should bring? Tools, spare parts, and do we use FRS/GMSR radios? Do I need to just get my ducks in a row and get my amateur radio license?

LASTLY since I'm Right Hand Drive, how should I prepare for Drive and Passenger calls? Do I do respond like everyone else?

Sorry for the long post, just want to make sure I have everything covered!

Thanks
Grant
It’s better to use hand signals than audible calls.

LSD should be fine.

They have diesel.

Regular CB.

Looks like everyone has a winch, so you don’t necessarily need one. Focus on locker.

Reactions: RustyAutoholicGuy
Am booked, about 4 miles south of town. Looking forward to the trip, hope to get a preview this year with a little luck.

Screenshot_20200425-082229_Email (1).jpg

There will be plenty tools available, there always is.

Reactions: Daryl
I have a Mavic Pro and I can fly it exceptionally well 👍
Have the phantom 3 pro, it flies great. Before all the licensing stuff I’ve had it out three miles and back.

Last trip I used it on was Alaska, I could fly it up the mountains to see the glaciers that I couldn’t hike to.

But the phantom 3 isn’t the best for travel.

Have the phantom 3 pro, it flies great. Before all the licensing stuff I’ve had it out three miles and back.

Last trip I used it on was Alaska, I could fly it up the mountains to see the glaciers that I couldn’t hike to.

But the phantom 3 isn’t the best for travel.

You can still derestrict them and fly them as high (and as far) as you want. The issue I have is that you better just make sure you have enough battery life to get back :LOL:

There will be plenty tools available, there always is.

I figured there was, just wanted to be sure. It would be easier not to have to pack the entire family and all the tools too :LOL:

You can still derestrict them and fly them as high (and as far) as you want. The issue I have is that you better just make sure you have enough battery life to get back :LOL:

I figured there was, just wanted to be sure. It would be easier not to have to pack the entire family and all the tools too :LOL:
I have the Mavic Pro Platinum but I really like the camera on the Pro Zoom.

Since we are the topic of drones, what's a good drone that I can set to just flow me? I know there are drones at there that can do it, but there are so many now, it's seems overwhelming to try to figure out which one to get!

There is plenty of diesel in Moab. Leave the gas cans at home and keep the Jeep light.

Thanks @jjvw I figured better to ask the question than to get stuck somewhere I've never been without fuel!

It’s better to use hand signals than audible calls.

LSD should be fine.

They have diesel.

Regular CB.

Looks like everyone has a winch, so you don’t necessarily need one. Focus on locker.

Thanks @JMT I'll look into getting a CB and see what my opinions are for my Dana 30 in terms of a locker or something similar, at this point my budget is been shot full of holes with my diesel swap . . . but the doubler is just so cool!

Reactions: JMT
Found a place using VRBO. Going to make my reservations now and HOPE/Plan on having the Jeep ready to roll by then. Unless something REALLY REALLY bad happens or I run into major difficulties I don't see why I won't be able to come.

Okay staying out in Thompson Springs.

[TD valign="top"]
Your reservation has been confirmed
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]
Richard White, get ready for your trip to Thompson, UT, USA! You can now access your booking details and other important information about your trip.
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"] [/TD]

[TD valign="top"]
[/TD]
[TD valign="top"]

[TD valign="top"]
Property

[TD valign="top"]
[/TD]

[TD valign="top"]
Reservation ID
[/TD]