TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Drive a jeep at Moab and you will quickly learn to hate RZR's.

In all fairness, I've never driven a RZR. Down here in Arizona they are legal to drive on the highways and roads, and I notice everyone has one. Seems like there are a lot of places out here to have fun in them.

Of course that's Arizona, not Moab.

Hells Revenge is where I’m thinking would be a good gathering place, we could all meet a the trailhead parking lot (only restroom on the trail) and then caravan along on the trail to each of the scenic overlooks or obstacles unless there is some other venue we want to meet up at. We had lunch at Escalator and spent hours watching rigs go up the obstacle. There are bypasses for all the difficult ones and a stock Jeep should be able to do the whole trail (might scrape a bumper)

Last edited:
Hells Revenge is where I’m thinking would be a good gathering place, we could all meet a the trailhead parking lot (only restroom on the trail) and the caravan along on the trail to each of the scenic overlooks or obstacles unless there is some other venue we want to meet up at. We had lunch at Escalator and spent hours watching rigs go up the obstacle. There are bypasses for all the difficult ones and a stock Jeep should be able to do the whole trail (might scrape a bumper)
A stock jeep can do some of the named obstacles

In all fairness, I've never driven a RZR. Down here in Arizona they are legal to drive on the highways and roads, and I notice everyone has one. Seems like there are a lot of places out here to have fun in them.

They are the scourge of the earth. 🤬

Super annoying. When we were running Top of the World, we had to wait for a huge group of them coming down as we were going up.
Hell's Revenge would be the perfect group trail. Nice large staging area to meet up at,
20160510_105938.jpg

Super annoying. When we were running Top of the World, we had to wait for a huge group of them coming down as we were going up.
Hell's Revenge would be the perfect group trail. Nice large staging area to meet up at,
View attachment 169776
At top of the world There would be so much one-upmanship going on for photos of who got closer to the edge, someone will go over.😆 But yes HR does have a nice big staging area

At top of the world There would be so much one-upmanship going on for photos of who got closer to the edge, someone will go over.😆 But yes HR does have a nice big staging area

Rob and I were the only ones in TJ's that day. Here he is staging us on the ledge. Only a TJ guy is crazy enough to be out there like that, or stupid enough? Lol!
20160511_144928.jpg

Reactions: JMT and DrDmoney

They are alot of fun! I have both, Jeep & a Rzr, and they are both fun!

Reactions: TJ Hunnicutt
I'm sure they are, but somehow your statement reminded me of my favorite poem.

Roses are red
violets are blue,
I'm a Schizophrenic
and so am I.
no doubt fun but they pass you, race ahead and then bottle neck the next session. You go around then they pass you, race ahead and then bottle neck the next section.

Reactions: DrDmoney
no doubt fun but they pass you, race ahead and then bottle neck the next session. You go around then they pass you, race ahead and then bottle neck the next section.

Pretty much what jeepers do to the mountain bikers and the mountain bikers do to the hikers.

I rented a RZR when I was in Moab and did fins and things and a few other smalls trails with it. For easy stuff like fins, a RZR is way more fun. If you start trying to get into more technical trails, I'm sure it wouldn't be as enjoyable.

People also do some crazy stuff at top of the world. I've heard of someone hanging off a winch line fully over the edge, but I'm not sure if that is true.

DSC_9946.jpg

EDIT: Well I found the guy hanging off the winch line real quick

hqdefault.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.