TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go up baby lions back

I tried but these stupid wrangler people were in my way. They’re always blocking grand Cherokee gang.

3C208070-F981-4C91-91AA-C6A25FEB5491.jpeg

I turned around at the top and went back down. Almost getting stuck trying to turn this thing around up there was an oh shit moment. I’m impressed it made it. It pretty much crawled it

I turned around at the top and went back down. Almost getting stuck trying to turn this thing around up there was an oh shit moment. I’m impressed it made it. It pretty much crawled it
Should have driven through, it’s not bad at all. Short little loop.

Reserved an RV site at Canyonlands for Sunday thru Thursday. Thinking of heading up to Yellowstone, or go south to that big canyon thing everyone keeps talking about afterwards.

Reactions: Indy and DrDmoney
Reserved an RV site at Canyonlands for Sunday thru Thursday. Thinking of heading up to Yellowstone, or go south to that big canyon thing everyone keeps talking about afterwards.

I lived up by Yellowstone for a few years and my first Moab trip was Yellowstone - Moab - Grand Canyon and back home to Yellowstone. The road from Yellowstone straight to Moab may be closed due to weather even during the time of the event (happened to me), so it might be wise to look at the via salt lake route.

Not sure if you’ve been to Ouray before, but I would add that to near top of the list. I’d imagine most of the trails would be closed if you went after the event though :(

I lived up by Yellowstone for a few years and my first Moab trip was Yellowstone - Moab - Grand Canyon and back home to Yellowstone. The road from Yellowstone straight to Moab may be closed due to weather even during the time of the event (happened to me), so it might be wise to look at the via salt lake route.

Not sure if you’ve been to Ouray before, but I would add that to near top of the list. I’d imagine most of the trails would be closed if you went after the event though :(
Depending on the year, the passes above Ouray can be closed up into July on occasion.

Sadly couldn’t do it while I was there. Need to go back, great area.
Black Bear is a cool run, extremely scenic. I think the difficulty rating it gets is a little bloated but would imagine weather conditions can determine that to some degree.
The toll for losing focus on that trail is a bit steep, especially on the back side.

Black Bear is a cool run, extremely scenic. I think the difficulty rating it gets is a little bloated but would imagine weather conditions can determine that to some degree.
The toll for losing focus on that trail is a bit steep, especially on the back side.
Have you seen Bleepin Jeep’s video of he and his wife doing Black Bear in a storm back in July? That was pretty scary. I was actually out there on a motorcycle trip at that time - we were on a different trail during that storm.

Status
Not open for further replies.