TJ Fest 2021 - Moab (April 24 – May 1, 2021)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you seen Bleepin Jeep’s video of he and his wife doing Black Bear in a storm back in July? That was pretty scary. I was actually out there on a motorcycle trip at that time - we were on a different trail during that storm.
I did see it, that can be damn scary in bad weather, its a super long walk down that mountain.

Have you seen Bleepin Jeep’s video of he and his wife doing Black Bear in a storm back in July? That was pretty scary. I was actually out there on a motorcycle trip at that time - we were on a different trail during that storm.
That was a great video and a real reminder of just how quickly things can go to sh!t.
When I was young and invulnerable, I used to not be very prepared for an extended delay when "away from civilization" but, since becoming a type 1 diabetic, I nearly always have at least food for a day or so.

Anyone want to head west to Hurricane, UT and check out Sand Hollow?
After TJfest.

i got so excited when i found out about this trip that i made a reservation at koa without even checking the ever-important "camping days / drive distance" ratio with the motorhome. extending the trip would make the ratio better :)

I'd rather go then, when I'm relatively close, than have to drive all the way there again another time.
Although, Trail Hero in October sounds like fun too.

I moved. I'm no longer staying at the cool kids spot, but I'm saving $1,500. For reference, that's the equivalent of a set of Genright HiLines or their new fancy 4 oz hood.  🤣

Screen Shot 2020-12-22 at 6.26.21 PM.png

Seems a common theme at the campgrounds. Moab valley did that to me. I booked KOA online.
Our setup is kinda crazy. I’ve got a 15 foot teardrop trailer for the wife and I. It requires a 30amp. Then I’ve got 5 kids. No one accepts that many kids sleeping in tents 🏕 , so I have to say 2 and move on. Then there’s the pet, a lap dog. Arghhh...If KOA calls, I’ll see if they will accommodate the trailer and tents so I can move over. Needed something. Everything seems booked up. Damn TJ Fest! 🤣

Reactions: Apparition
Our setup is kinda crazy. I’ve got a 15 foot teardrop trailer for the wife and I. It requires a 30amp. Then I’ve got 5 kids. No one accepts that many kids sleeping in tents 🏕 , so I have to say 2 and move on. Then there’s the pet, a lap dog. Arghhh...If KOA calls, I’ll see if they will accommodate the trailer and tents so I can move over. Needed something. Everything seems booked up. Damn TJ Fest! 🤣
Moab valley wouldn’t let me get a 45’ spot for the tow rig and trailer if using the RTT. Then I saw the cabins at KOA and said fuck it, I got air conditioning and a fridge now.

Moab valley wouldn’t let me get a 45’ spot for the tow rig and trailer if using the RTT. Then I saw the cabins at KOA and said fuck it, I got air conditioning and a fridge now.
Geez, these parameters, especially in Moab. I’d expect they’d see such setups with a rig and trailer.

Reactions: Apparition
Hey! I'll be there too!
Awesome, this will be a good time to meet! I’ve stayed there before. The amenities were nice. I’m hoping the pool and hot tub will be open.

Reactions: TJustin
Status
Not open for further replies.