TJ just suddenly turns off

I was running it neutral and there’s nothing from the dip stick. I just put some in yesterday and just a few drops
Fill it with ATF+4 via the dipstick tube (stick a small funnel into the tube) until it shows full on the dipstick while checking the level with the engine running and transmission in Neutral. Make sure it's actually full then measure it once a week for a while until it either stays full or it starts dripping which will allow you to figure out where the leak is coming from.

Fill it with ATF+4 via the dipstick tube (stick a small funnel into the tube) until it shows full on the dipstick while checking the level with the engine running and transmission in Neutral. Make sure it's actually full then measure it once a week for a while until it either stays full or it starts dripping which will allow you to figure out where the leak is coming from.
Thanks brotha I’ll keep you posted

Reactions: Jerry Bransford
The surface area is massive on TJ filters, they are generally considered a lifetime filter.
Oh makes sense. Yeah I took it to the shop and they said the transmission was shot. I was wondering if you could put a 1995 YJ manual transmission in the 1999 TJ same engine just different transmission. Mine is and automatic