TJ parked next to JL

That's the first image of a JL I've seen. IMO, the front bumper is to big. Now that I've owned my Jeep TJ for a while I see the merit of the longer wheel based LJ but see no reason to go bigger overall. Update: Man I love the way my TJ handles with a Currie Antirock. On and off road. When you read a review that states it's one of the best mods you can do, Believe it!

Reactions: jjvw and Chris
That's the first image of a JL I've seen. IMO, the front bumper is to big. Now that I've owned my Jeep TJ for a while I see the merit of the longer wheel based LJ but see no reason to go bigger overall. Update: Man I love the way my TJ handles with a Currie Antirock. On and off road. When you read a review that states it's one of the best mods you can do, Believe it!

And the longer wheelbase thing is subjective. I've owned both an LJ and TJ, and I greatly prefer the TJ over the LJ personally.

And yes, the Antirock truly is amazing!

The bumper extensions I mean. You know how on the JK Hard Rock bumpers you could take the sides of them off and make it look like a stubby bumper? All you have to do is unbolt the sides. Looks like the JL doesn't allow for that, which is unfortunate, since those Hard Rock bumpers on the JK actually look really good IMHO.
There is an option on the JL Rubicon that the Endcaps are removable. Also the fender are higher on the Rubicon then the standard JL

20171130001921-452c1080.jpg

2018-Jeep-Wrangler-JL-Gallery-Exterior-Rubicon-Grille.jpg.image.1440.jpg

Reactions: MikeM
I passed a 4 door JL on the freeway the other day. I did not care for the looks of it. Looks like a redesigned even uglier H2 in my opinion. I will take the TJ over that any day.

Reactions: Chris and BlakeDevs
I passed a 4 door JL on the freeway the other day. I did not care for the looks of it. Looks like a redesigned even uglier H2 in my opinion. I will take the TJ over that any day.

Yeah, I passed a 4 door one recently as well. I don't like the look.

In all fairness though, I didn't like the JK look at all when it first came out. It took about 10 years to grow on me to the point where I don't mind them now. However, when I compared the JK (or JL) to the TJ, it's still no contest in terms of who wins in the looks department.

It's like a classic Camaro versus a new one. Sure the new ones are awesome, but they'll never amount to the look of a classic, '69 Camaro.