TJ parked next to JL

Great picture here.

Jeep-Wrangler-JK-2018-vs-Wrangler-JL-2018-à-Québec-Capitale-Chrysler.jpg

Still the days of the cj/wrangler seem to be long gone. Too bad, it was a good run.

Someone in another post said that if the FJ40 would introduce a convertible, it would give the JL a run for its money, I would agree. although I like the looks of the old FJ40 better the new one is much nicer on the eyes than the JL in my opinion.

Reactions: Chris
It may just be the picture, but that plate below the bumper on the LJ (I'll assume it's a skid plate and not just aesthetics) looks like it hangs lower than the bottom of the TJ.

I kind of like the looks of the JK's and JL's, but part of the Jeep's beauty is that it's small and nimble. These newer ones just seem too big. I've been on trails where the TJ barely fit - these might not make it. Bigger is not necessarily better.

It may just be the picture, but that plate below the bumper on the LJ (I'll assume it's a skid plate and not just aesthetics) looks like it hangs lower than the bottom of the TJ.

I kind of like the looks of the JK's and JL's, but part of the Jeep's beauty is that it's small and nimble. These newer ones just seem too big. I've been on trails where the TJ barely fit - these might not make it. Bigger is not necessarily better.
These jl's wouldn't fit on any trails here in south carolina the few we have lol.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Very true. Fiat Chrysler knows that in order to stay relevant though, they had to make the Wrangler appeal to a much broader audience. If they were still selling TJs to this day and they remained entirely unchanged, they wouldn't sell enough of them to make big profits. The introduction of the 4 door and all the creature comforts was a smashing success for them, because it gave the Wrangler the appeal of an SUV, which ultimately helped to propel them to massive sales (take notice of how many 4 door Wranglers you see versus 2 doors).

But along with that comes bigger Wranglers, more electronics, higher prices, etc.

It's a damn shame, but from a business / profit standpoint, I get why they did what they did. The audience who wants a cool looking SUV is far larger than the guys like you and I who want a small, nimble, simple off-road vehicle.

Ehhhhh- IDK I feel like when I look at the original picture of the two....it looks like someone tried to install a lift on the JK and then left everything stock so the bumper has this gap and then slapped LED everything on it and added bumper expander

Give it a few more years and IKON 4x4 (https://www.icon4x4.com) will start buying up low mileage TJs and XJs and start their next line or refurbished SUVs. Hell, maybe we should pull our resources here and start our own company! ;).

I 100% fully believe this. There’s a company that does this with BMWs. They buy low mileage M cars such as a 2003 BMW M5 and sell them for upwards of 40k. Funny thing is, they actually sell a them!

It’s these guys here:
http://www.enthusiastauto.com/

When hunting for my Son's XJ stumbled across these folks that sell XJs through ebay: http://davisautosports.com. Looks like they'll do TJs built to order too. Not as insane as IKON does, but still must be a good niche business. A few of their XJs are pretty amazing.
Sorry didn’t see your plug for them already. Again they do awesome work. They specialize in XJs, and they don’t overdue anything.

Reactions: JeepZilla380
Sorry didn’t see your plug for them already. Again they do awesome work. They specialize in XJs, and they don’t overdue anything.

No worries, any yea, my Son and I still spend some time drooling over their XJs.